controlling MDI child forms - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

controlling MDI child forms

SundaeSundae Posts: 12Member
Please advise on this one.
I have created an MDI form. I wanted it to appear with an image as a background, but that does not seem to work, so I have created a child form, and that child form has to appear maximized with the MDI form when u run the program. Then you have options to open other child forms, but they all maximize. When I 'tile' or 'cascade', ALL the child forms change, when I do not want that child form that appeared with the MDI form to change at all. Is that possible.

Thank you.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Please advise on this one.
    : I have created an MDI form. I wanted it to appear with an image as a background, but that does not seem to work, so I have created a child form, and that child form has to appear maximized with the MDI form when u run the program. Then you have options to open other child forms, but they all maximize. When I 'tile' or 'cascade', ALL the child forms change, when I do not want that child form that appeared with the MDI form to change at all. Is that possible.
    :
    : Thank you.
    :
    :
    You need to "remember" that child in a separate field of your MDI frame. Then just after the cascade/tile you reset the WindowState to wsMaximized.