Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

I need some help please.

GishGish Member Posts: 1
I have been programming in VB 6.0 for about 2 years, but I want to learn a language that is more powerful, because I'm thinking about getting into game programming. I was set on learning C++ but then I learned about C#. could someone please tell me which language they recommend, because it seems to me that C# will overtake C++, just like C++ overtook C. and one more thing, is a C# program as fast as a C++ program? or is it in between VB and C++?

Comments

• binar0binar0 Member Posts: 6
    : I have been programming in VB 6.0 for about 2 years, but I want to learn a language that is more powerful, because I'm thinking about getting into game programming. I was set on learning C++ but then I learned about C#. could someone please tell me which language they recommend, because it seems to me that C# will overtake C++, just like C++ overtook C. and one more thing, is a C# program as fast as a C++ program? or is it in between VB and C++?
    :

In the .net world all languages will run at the same speed. That's because all run in a virtual machine called the common language runtime. The reason for using a particular language is merely a preference. I don't believe C# will replace C++ any more than C++ replaced C. C is still around and in fact C++ is merely a derivative of C. Everthing in C++ can be rewritten in C. As far as game programming it depends what type of games you want to write as to what language to use. If you are making simple games like card games and such You can use anything and have no problems. If you want to write games with 3d graphics and such you would be best to you C or C++ compiled to machine code.

HTH
    Binar0
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

// http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about | PL/SQL Java C# JavaScript Scratch Go MATLAB Visual Basic .NET PHP Assembly R Visual Basic Swift Delphi Objective-C C++ Perl C Python Ruby Alice Transact-SQL Julia D LabVIEW VBScript Bash Dart FoxPro Scala Ada F# Lisp ABAP Lua Apex Clojure Kotlin COBOL Erlang Prolog ML Awk Crystal Rust Fortran Hack SAS Scheme Logo |