Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

passing variables between PHP scripts

festusfestus Posts: 2Member
I would very much appreciate it if someone could help be out. I have been battling to get some seemingly simple php code to work and have had no joy. I have a script that creates a list of categories and each element of this list is a link to the next script but depending on which one you click on varies the value of a variable that is passed over to this second script. This variable is then key in getting the next page to display the right info. I am pretty sure the variable gets asigned a value as it comes up at the bottom of the window,
like so nextscript.php?catid=1 but it doesn't get across to the next script! Even if i put a simple print in at the top of the script to print $catid it prints nothing let alone work as it is supposed to in the rest of the code.

I'm sure there's a simple answer and i would be very greatfull if someone would give it to me!

festus

Comments