Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help! DirectDraw Unresolved External symbol

TheDemonTheDemon Member Posts: 1
Help!!!!!
no matter what i do.. i still get this unresolved external symbol error when ever i build my project with MSVC++ 6.0.
i am trying to create a directdraw interface and then QUERYinterface it to a higher version say like DirectDraw4 or DirectDraw7.. and its like even though i added the ddraw.lib to my project and included the ddraw.h in my original source cpp it still wont work.. i even made the mssdk/include and /lib folders in my Compiler's Search Header path.. with it being first in line... help me please... being stuck SUCKS!

Comments

• noradirectxnoradirectx Member Posts: 22
    : Help!!!!!
    : no matter what i do.. i still get this unresolved external symbol error when ever i build my project with MSVC++ 6.0.
    : i am trying to create a directdraw interface and then QUERYinterface it to a higher version say like DirectDraw4 or DirectDraw7.. and its like even though i added the ddraw.lib to my project and included the ddraw.h in my original source cpp it still wont work.. i even made the mssdk/include and /lib folders in my Compiler's Search Header path.. with it being first in line... help me please... being stuck SUCKS!
    :
    Did you use other header such as mmsystem.h? If it is, you must link the WINMM.LIB file with your project.
  • LurvLurv Member Posts: 1
    : Help!!!!!
    : no matter what i do.. i still get this unresolved external symbol error when ever i build my project with MSVC++ 6.0.
    : i am trying to create a directdraw interface and then QUERYinterface it to a higher version say like DirectDraw4 or DirectDraw7.. and its like even though i added the ddraw.lib to my project and included the ddraw.h in my original source cpp it still wont work.. i even made the mssdk/include and /lib folders in my Compiler's Search Header path.. with it being first in line... help me please... being stuck SUCKS!
    :

I had the same problem once...

Link your program with dxguid.lib and be happy. :)
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

/ http://forcoder.org / free video tutorials and ebooks about // Swift, PHP, Java, Visual Basic, R, Assembly, Perl, JavaScript, Scratch, C, Go, Delphi, Ruby, C++, Visual Basic .NET, Python, C#, PL/SQL, Objective-C, MATLAB Alice, SAS, VBScript, Fortran, Ada, Rust, Julia, Lisp, Dart, Awk, FoxPro, LabVIEW, Lua, Apex, Prolog, Crystal, Bash, Hack, ML, Clojure, COBOL, Scala, Kotlin, ABAP, D, F#, Logo, Transact-SQL, Erlang, Scheme // _______