Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Notepad programming

de emperorde emperor Member Posts: 1
hello,
I have got one question.
It goes like...
What are the ways that should be followed to show the frames for save, saveas,open,listing files in tree structure and using check boxes in menu?

Comments

• : hello,
    : I have got one question.
    : It goes like...
    : What are the ways that should be followed to show the frames for save, saveas,open,listing files in tree structure and using check boxes in menu?
    :
    :
    :

If you are using Swing:

JFileChooser is an easy and common way. If you want to show the files in a tree structure, you might have to write an own Dialog using JTree and you'll have to implement a TreeView. Where you can (at least) use the DefaultMutableTreeNode. But this is not trivial :-( I'm sure there is an easier way which I don't see right now.

About CheckBoxes in menues: did you try the JMenu.add(Component) method? This sounds as if it's what you need - though I didn't try it.

tron.
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

________ \ http://forcoder.org \ free ebooks and video tutorials about // R, C++, Swift, Visual Basic, Ruby, Perl, JavaScript, Assembly, PHP, Objective-C, Python, Scratch, MATLAB, Delphi, Visual Basic .NET, Java, PL/SQL, C#, C, Go Alice, Rust, SAS, Logo, Lua, VBScript, FoxPro, COBOL, Lisp, Transact-SQL, ABAP, Awk, Hack, ML, Bash, Crystal, Prolog, Dart, Apex, Clojure, Julia, F#, Erlang, D, Scheme, Kotlin, Fortran, Scala, Ada, LabVIEW // ______