Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Acessing an opened file with another process

fdmananafdmanana Member Posts: 10
Hi, I'm trying to open a text file (just for reading) in my mfc aplication which is already opened for writing by other process, for example the windows Notepad, the irc client mirc (while logging), etc.I always get an error opening the file with a CFile object. Is there any other way (with or without CFile) to do this? Thanks.

Comments

• weiccoweicco Member Posts: 950
    : Hi, I'm trying to open a text file (just for reading) in my mfc aplication which is already opened for writing by other process, for example the windows Notepad, the irc client mirc (while logging), etc.I always get an error opening the file with a CFile object. Is there any other way (with or without CFile) to do this? Thanks.
    :

If other process has locked that file there is no way you can open it unless you bypass filemanager somehow.
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

__ < http://forcoder.org /> free video tutorials and ebooks about / Go, Ruby, Visual Basic, C#, Delphi, R, Objective-C, Perl, JavaScript, C, PL/SQL, C++, PHP, Python, Java, Swift, Assembly, Scratch, Visual Basic .NET, MATLAB Rust, SAS, Alice, Prolog, Lisp, ML, Bash, Hack, Lua, Logo, FoxPro, Awk, Fortran, F#, Crystal, Scheme, Ada, D, Julia, Erlang, Kotlin, Apex, VBScript, Dart, Clojure, Scala, ABAP, LabVIEW, Transact-SQL, COBOL /