Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

More complex programs

hurricane719hurricane719 Member Posts: 5
I am just wondering how to make more complex programs and other things. I already know how to make the basic "Hello World" program but I want to know how to make more complex programs. Let me know asap. Thank you.

Comments

• DariusDarius Member Posts: 1,666
    look up modularity and object-oriented programming.

"We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2002-7-30 18:47:23[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2002-7-30 18:46:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : I am just wondering how to make more complex programs and other things. I already know how to make the basic "Hello World" program but I want to know how to make more complex programs. Let me know asap. Thank you.
    :

There are a lot of beginner's books at the book stores that illustrate and teach how to write more complex programs. First you need to know what computer operating system you want to use, then get a computer for it. Some compilers are free, such as GNU g++, while others are very expensive. After that, get a few good books -- I like to go online to www.amazon.com and read the user comments about each book that I am interested in. There is no guarentee that you will like the book, but it will give you a clue before you buy.

Other free places are in newsgrups, such as this one and www.codeproject.com. They have lots of free programs and tutorials.

• GreyWolfSftwreGreyWolfSftwre Member Posts: 82
    : [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2002-7-30 18:47:23[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2002-7-30 18:46:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I am just wondering how to make more complex programs and other things. I already know how to make the basic "Hello World" program but I want to know how to make more complex programs. Let me know asap. Thank you.
    : :
    :
    :
    : There are a lot of beginner's books at the book stores that illustrate and teach how to write more complex programs. First you need to know what computer operating system you want to use, then get a computer for it. Some compilers are free, such as GNU g++, while others are very expensive. After that, get a few good books -- I like to go online to www.amazon.com and read the user comments about each book that I am interested in. There is no guarentee that you will like the book, but it will give you a clue before you buy.
    :
    : Other free places are in newsgrups, such as this one and www.codeproject.com. They have lots of free programs and tutorials.

I learned how to write more complex programs by downloading source code, and analyzing it until i knew what every fuction called and variable did. i took a while, but i didn't have to go out and buy all the books.

~DaN

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2002-7-30 18:47:23[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2002-7-30 18:46:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I am just wondering how to make more complex programs and other things. I already know how to make the basic "Hello World" program but I want to know how to make more complex programs. Let me know asap. Thank you.
    : : :
    : : There are a lot of beginner's books at the book stores that illustrate and teach how to write more complex programs. First you need to know what computer operating system you want to use, then get a computer for it. Some compilers are free, such as GNU g++, while others are very expensive. After that, get a few good books -- I like to go online to www.amazon.com and read the user comments about each book that I am interested in. There is no guarentee that you will like the book, but it will give you a clue before you buy.
    : : Other free places are in newsgrups, such as this one and www.codeproject.com. They have lots of free programs and tutorials.
    :
    : I learned how to write more complex programs by downloading source code, and analyzing it until i knew what every fuction called and variable did. i took a while, but i didn't have to go out and buy all the books.
    :
    : ~DaN
    :
    :
    [blue]Good approach!

Also, you can start coding some simple project, like a board game and then once you will be confronting problems you will learn more... [/blue]
  • beirowerribeirowerri Member Posts: 109
    : I am just wondering how to make more complex programs and other things. I already know how to make the basic "Hello World" program but I want to know how to make more complex programs. Let me know asap. Thank you.
    :

Just go to your local library and check out books on C++. Those "teach yourself" books are good. Look for "Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 24 Hours".
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_____ / http://forcoder.org / free ebooks and video tutorials about // Python Scratch C++ C# R Assembly PHP Visual Basic Java MATLAB Objective-C Visual Basic .NET Perl Delphi PL/SQL JavaScript Swift C Ruby Go D Bash Lisp Hack ABAP ML COBOL Julia F# Logo Kotlin Transact-SQL Scheme Alice Prolog LabVIEW Ada Crystal Erlang Rust VBScript Scala Dart Clojure FoxPro Awk Lua Fortran SAS Apex // _____________