68hc11 microcontroller. . . - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

68hc11 microcontroller. . .

Has anyone here made a robot with a controller from the 68hc11 family?

If so, could you help me out .. . I'm new to robots, and I'm still kinda lost. . .I've worked with a controller from the 68hc11 back in university, so i prefer to use it over another micro-controller. Not that it matters cause i thikn i know about the same amount of information about this controller and any other one, which is very little=)

K the question i have is, how do I interface the controller with my computer and all the other good stuff? through a parallel port, but how do i design the board that will hold the chip and connect to the port?

And then, how do you know how/where to connect, lets say a servo motor and stuff like that?

I searched the web and couldn't find anything that would give me an answer, which would start from scratch. I really, really want to build the controller board and everything, rather than buying the board and starting from there . . .

Help me .. . good book? website? notes? tutorials? pictures? anything .. .

thanks in advance.

Dauve

Comments

• EmanoEmano Posts: 2Member
    : Has anyone here made a robot with a controller from the 68hc11 family?
    :
    : If so, could you help me out .. . I'm new to robots, and I'm still kinda lost. . .I've worked with a controller from the 68hc11 back in university, so i prefer to use it over another micro-controller. Not that it matters cause i thikn i know about the same amount of information about this controller and any other one, which is very little=)
    :
    : K the question i have is, how do I interface the controller with my computer and all the other good stuff? through a parallel port, but how do i design the board that will hold the chip and connect to the port?
    :
    : And then, how do you know how/where to connect, lets say a servo motor and stuff like that?
    :
    : I searched the web and couldn't find anything that would give me an answer, which would start from scratch. I really, really want to build the controller board and everything, rather than buying the board and starting from there . . .
    :
    : Help me .. . good book? website? notes? tutorials? pictures? anything .. .
    :
    : thanks in advance.
    :
    : Dauve
    :

Hello.
    My name is Emanuel I'm mexican. This e-mail is about the porblem that you have, there is a 68hc11 microcontroller especial page where tou can found the information that you need. The web page is: WWW.MICROBOTICA.ES
    The problem that you will have now is that the information it's in spanish
  • MrEdMrEd Posts: 180Member
    : Has anyone here made a robot with a controller from the 68hc11 family?
    :
    : If so, could you help me out .. . I'm new to robots, and I'm still kinda lost. . .I've worked with a controller from the 68hc11 back in university, so i prefer to use it over another micro-controller. Not that it matters cause i thikn i know about the same amount of information about this controller and any other one, which is very little=)
    :
    : K the question i have is, how do I interface the controller with my computer and all the other good stuff? through a parallel port, but how do i design the board that will hold the chip and connect to the port?
    :
    : And then, how do you know how/where to connect, lets say a servo motor and stuff like that?
    :
    : I searched the web and couldn't find anything that would give me an answer, which would start from scratch. I really, really want to build the controller board and everything, rather than buying the board and starting from there . . .
    :
    : Help me .. . good book? website? notes? tutorials? pictures? anything .. .
    :
    : thanks in advance.
    :
    : Dauve
    :

Id strongly recommend reading the HC11 reference manual (http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/library/documentationlist.jsp?rootNodeId=01&nodeId=01M98635&Product=Select+a+Product+or+Technology&Family=01M938645538449&SubFamily=01M98635&Device=All&DocType=Reference+Manual&Results=25&submit=Go) which explains how to setup the serial port for programming and a whole lot of other usefull stuff.

Then you can figure out how to digitally interface your motor/sensor circuits to the ports (the fun bit).
  • EmanoEmano Posts: 2Member
    : : Has anyone here made a robot with a controller from the 68hc11 family?
    : :
    : : If so, could you help me out .. . I'm new to robots, and I'm still kinda lost. . .I've worked with a controller from the 68hc11 back in university, so i prefer to use it over another micro-controller. Not that it matters cause i thikn i know about the same amount of information about this controller and any other one, which is very little=)
    : : K the question i have is, how do I interface the controller with my computer and all the other good stuff? through a parallel port, but how do i design the board that will hold the chip and connect to the port?
    : : And then, how do you know how/where to connect, lets say a servo motor and stuff like that?
    : : I searched the web and couldn't find anything that would give me an answer, which would start from scratch. I really, really want to build the controller board and everything, rather than buying the board and starting from there . . .
    : : Help me .. . good book? website? notes? tutorials? pictures? anything .. .
    : : thanks in advance.
    : : Dauve
    :
    : Id strongly recommend reading the HC11 reference manual (http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/library/documentationlist.jsp?rootNodeId=01&nodeId=01M98635&Product=Select+a+Product+or+Technology&Family=01M938645538449&SubFamily=01M98635&Device=All&DocType=Reference+Manual&Results=25&submit=Go) which explains how to setup the serial port for programming and a whole lot of other usefull stuff.
    :
    : Then you can figure out how to digitally interface your motor/sensor circuits to the ports (the fun bit).
    :

Hello:

I'm Mexican I can help you with the information you need.
    my email is [email protected]
    My name is Emmanuel I have the squematics for the evaluation board for the 68hc11 microcontorllers, the software to conect it with the computer if you want more details write to my e-mail. So I can tell you that it's more easy if you try to build your robot with a PIC micro, I have many experience whit this microcontrollers devides