68hc11 microcontroller. . . - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

68hc11 microcontroller. . .

Has anyone here made a robot with a controller from the 68hc11 family?

If so, could you help me out .. . I'm new to robots, and I'm still kinda lost. . .I've worked with a controller from the 68hc11 back in university, so i prefer to use it over another micro-controller. Not that it matters cause i thikn i know about the same amount of information about this controller and any other one, which is very little=)

K the question i have is, how do I interface the controller with my computer and all the other good stuff? through a parallel port, but how do i design the board that will hold the chip and connect to the port?

And then, how do you know how/where to connect, lets say a servo motor and stuff like that?

I searched the web and couldn't find anything that would give me an answer, which would start from scratch. I really, really want to build the controller board and everything, rather than buying the board and starting from there . . .

Help me .. . good book? website? notes? tutorials? pictures? anything .. .

thanks in advance.

Dauve

Comments

• EmanoEmano Posts: 2Member
    : Has anyone here made a robot with a controller from the 68hc11 family?
    :
    : If so, could you help me out .. . I'm new to robots, and I'm still kinda lost. . .I've worked with a controller from the 68hc11 back in university, so i prefer to use it over another micro-controller. Not that it matters cause i thikn i know about the same amount of information about this controller and any other one, which is very little=)
    :
    : K the question i have is, how do I interface the controller with my computer and all the other good stuff? through a parallel port, but how do i design the board that will hold the chip and connect to the port?
    :
    : And then, how do you know how/where to connect, lets say a servo motor and stuff like that?
    :
    : I searched the web and couldn't find anything that would give me an answer, which would start from scratch. I really, really want to build the controller board and everything, rather than buying the board and starting from there . . .
    :
    : Help me .. . good book? website? notes? tutorials? pictures? anything .. .
    :
    : thanks in advance.
    :
    : Dauve
    :

Hello.
    My name is Emanuel I'm mexican. This e-mail is about the porblem that you have, there is a 68hc11 microcontroller especial page where tou can found the information that you need. The web page is: WWW.MICROBOTICA.ES
    The problem that you will have now is that the information it's in spanish
  • MrEdMrEd Posts: 180Member
    : Has anyone here made a robot with a controller from the 68hc11 family?
    :
    : If so, could you help me out .. . I'm new to robots, and I'm still kinda lost. . .I've worked with a controller from the 68hc11 back in university, so i prefer to use it over another micro-controller. Not that it matters cause i thikn i know about the same amount of information about this controller and any other one, which is very little=)
    :
    : K the question i have is, how do I interface the controller with my computer and all the other good stuff? through a parallel port, but how do i design the board that will hold the chip and connect to the port?
    :
    : And then, how do you know how/where to connect, lets say a servo motor and stuff like that?
    :
    : I searched the web and couldn't find anything that would give me an answer, which would start from scratch. I really, really want to build the controller board and everything, rather than buying the board and starting from there . . .
    :
    : Help me .. . good book? website? notes? tutorials? pictures? anything .. .
    :
    : thanks in advance.
    :
    : Dauve
    :

Id strongly recommend reading the HC11 reference manual (http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/library/documentationlist.jsp?rootNodeId=01&nodeId=01M98635&Product=Select+a+Product+or+Technology&Family=01M938645538449&SubFamily=01M98635&Device=All&DocType=Reference+Manual&Results=25&submit=Go) which explains how to setup the serial port for programming and a whole lot of other usefull stuff.

Then you can figure out how to digitally interface your motor/sensor circuits to the ports (the fun bit).
  • EmanoEmano Posts: 2Member
    : : Has anyone here made a robot with a controller from the 68hc11 family?
    : :
    : : If so, could you help me out .. . I'm new to robots, and I'm still kinda lost. . .I've worked with a controller from the 68hc11 back in university, so i prefer to use it over another micro-controller. Not that it matters cause i thikn i know about the same amount of information about this controller and any other one, which is very little=)
    : : K the question i have is, how do I interface the controller with my computer and all the other good stuff? through a parallel port, but how do i design the board that will hold the chip and connect to the port?
    : : And then, how do you know how/where to connect, lets say a servo motor and stuff like that?
    : : I searched the web and couldn't find anything that would give me an answer, which would start from scratch. I really, really want to build the controller board and everything, rather than buying the board and starting from there . . .
    : : Help me .. . good book? website? notes? tutorials? pictures? anything .. .
    : : thanks in advance.
    : : Dauve
    :
    : Id strongly recommend reading the HC11 reference manual (http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/library/documentationlist.jsp?rootNodeId=01&nodeId=01M98635&Product=Select+a+Product+or+Technology&Family=01M938645538449&SubFamily=01M98635&Device=All&DocType=Reference+Manual&Results=25&submit=Go) which explains how to setup the serial port for programming and a whole lot of other usefull stuff.
    :
    : Then you can figure out how to digitally interface your motor/sensor circuits to the ports (the fun bit).
    :

Hello:

I'm Mexican I can help you with the information you need.
    my email is [email protected]
    My name is Emmanuel I have the squematics for the evaluation board for the 68hc11 microcontorllers, the software to conect it with the computer if you want more details write to my e-mail. So I can tell you that it's more easy if you try to build your robot with a PIC micro, I have many experience whit this microcontrollers devides