Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

chmod

rvijay17rvijay17 Member Posts: 15
Hi i am very new to Perl and CGI.
i just wanted to know how can we change the mode of the perl file to 755. i use windows 98.

if i use C language, do we still have to chmod the .c file. if yes, how do we do that.

thank you,
vijay.

Comments

• heeroyuyheeroyuy Member Posts: 125
    CHMOD is a unix command, windows will not accept it. If you're running on a windows webserver, then set permissions to read and write and execute(as I recall, havent' worked with an IIS in a long tme)
    -----------------------
    "Useless peons, bow down before me, for I am root!"
    HeeroYuy
    www.mediaon3.com Webmaster

• bgibbybgibby Member Posts: 251
    : CHMOD is a unix command, windows will not accept it. If you're running on a windows webserver, then set permissions to read and write and execute(as I recall, havent' worked with an IIS in a long tme)
    : -----------------------
    : "Useless peons, bow down before me, for I am root!"
    : HeeroYuy
    : www.mediaon3.com Webmaster
    :
    :

Yeah, you don't need to set the permissions to execute a Perl Script on an Win32 platform as they USUALLY don't have and security restrictions when the file is created.

Just perl and you're away.

Also, the Shebang line isn't required if Perl is in the Path or Perl has been specified in IIS.

Cya
    Bradley q:)
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

_______ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about ( C# C++ Objective-C Ruby C Go Python R MATLAB PL/SQL Swift Scratch JavaScript Java Assembly PHP Visual Basic Visual Basic .NET Delphi Perl Lisp D Dart Scheme Apex SAS F# VBScript Rust Clojure Logo Transact-SQL Ada Scala Fortran Bash LabVIEW Alice FoxPro ABAP COBOL Prolog Crystal ML Kotlin Lua Julia Awk Hack Erlang ) ___