Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

please help!! choosing the best book "C#"

flyerflyer Member Posts: 18

Hi

I program in C++ , and have done some Java programming. I`m looking for a book that has the C++ style. Books that I have read and liked are by Ivor Horton "Beginning C++ and Beginning JAVA 2, because he gives you a
solid ground on the Language and also goes in to the GUI and since I`m into games it makes for a good read. So I guess what I`m looking for is a book the go`s over the basics (snytax , I/O ,Collection class ,built in methods) and then Go into Windows programming, Desktop and net)
Easy to read and to the point.

ps Also if there is a book out there about games in C# please let me know.

Thanks flyer

Comments

• JockeJocke Member Posts: 2
    I programmed mostly C++ before I went to C#, and I think petzolds "programming microsoft windows with C#" from MsPress is a good book, but I dont think it covers the most basic of the basics, but it deals with the differences between C++ and C# (There aren't many...).

The main focus in the book is on creating windows programs using forms.
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

______ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about [ R Perl Assembly Swift Visual Basic Go Scratch MATLAB Delphi JavaScript Objective-C PHP Ruby Visual Basic .NET C# C Python PL/SQL Java C++ Dart D Transact-SQL Julia Fortran Bash FoxPro Scheme Alice Lisp Rust Crystal Erlang Prolog Kotlin Scala Clojure Hack Ada Apex VBScript F# COBOL ABAP Awk ML Lua Logo LabVIEW SAS ] _________