Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using a 8080 processor

Hi !

I want to begin with construction of a microprocessor system based on a 8080 proc. I already have collected a lot of documentation about it, but I'd like to know someone, who would be able to give me a tip sometimes, when i'll have some problem with it. I think it's a good idea, and I could also write an OS for it and use it for anything, but it's quiet difficult (it seems).

If exists any MANIAC, like me, mail to me,

thanks.

Comments

• jtmacklinjtmacklin Posts: 1Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jtmacklin at 2002-8-7 7:29:32[/red][/b][hr]
    The 8080 Has been around for years ! Can I ask why you are wanting to use that old dog? I am an electrical engineer and have allot of experience with x86, 8085, 8080, Z80, and PIC. I also have a web site
    that deals with Data Acquisition and the PC .
  • FredericFrederic Posts: 2Member
    Hi,
    I am a frenchman and I also build 8080 system and
    8085 systems for my pleasure.
    More especially 8085 because I have pieces here.

If you need some info, plese mail me at
    devingfi@club-internet.fr

I'm also searching 8008 and 4004 components.

Best regards,
    Frdric

• FredericFrederic Posts: 2Member
    Hi,
    I am a frenchman and I also build 8080 system and
    8085 systems for my pleasure.
    More especially 8085 because I have pieces here.

If you need some info, plese mail me at
    devingfi@club-internet.fr

I'm also searching 8008 and 4004 components.

Best regards,
    Frdric

• XsirAubreyXsirAubrey Posts: 75Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by XsirAubrey at 2003-7-23 13:30:13[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by XsirAubrey at 2003-7-23 13:26:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by jtmacklin at 2002-8-7 7:29:32[/red][/b][hr]
    : The 8080 Has been around for years ! Can I ask why you are wanting to use that old dog? I am an electrical engineer and have allot of experience with x86, 8085, 8080, Z80, and PIC. I also have a web site
    : that deals with Data Acquisition and the PC .
    :

I am wanting similar information, but for CPUs like the AMD486SX/DX/66/100.

I want to use the CPU for the brain of my ... robot. I researched using a BASIC Stamp or the ATOM-40M, but I am thinking using an AMD486 should be do-able and also a bit easier to aquire.

I am also wanting internal architecture such as the registers and how they interact. I have a post in the programming board... I am writing a processor simulator (not processor specific at this time). I think if I get the basics down on my simulator, I should just be able to rearrange it to match a specific processor. I also need like opcodes, and data bus interfacing, program storage, RAM access, maybe sound or sound card support.

I simply want a bit smart bot than a BASIC Stamp or ATOM would provide.

XsirAubrey
    The search for knowledge is endless.