Using a 8080 processor - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Using a 8080 processor

Hi !

I want to begin with construction of a microprocessor system based on a 8080 proc. I already have collected a lot of documentation about it, but I'd like to know someone, who would be able to give me a tip sometimes, when i'll have some problem with it. I think it's a good idea, and I could also write an OS for it and use it for anything, but it's quiet difficult (it seems).

If exists any MANIAC, like me, mail to me,

thanks.

Comments

• jtmacklinjtmacklin Posts: 1Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jtmacklin at 2002-8-7 7:29:32[/red][/b][hr]
    The 8080 Has been around for years ! Can I ask why you are wanting to use that old dog? I am an electrical engineer and have allot of experience with x86, 8085, 8080, Z80, and PIC. I also have a web site
    that deals with Data Acquisition and the PC .
  • FredericFrederic Posts: 2Member
    Hi,
    I am a frenchman and I also build 8080 system and
    8085 systems for my pleasure.
    More especially 8085 because I have pieces here.

If you need some info, plese mail me at
    [email protected]

I'm also searching 8008 and 4004 components.

Best regards,
    Frdric

• FredericFrederic Posts: 2Member
    Hi,
    I am a frenchman and I also build 8080 system and
    8085 systems for my pleasure.
    More especially 8085 because I have pieces here.

If you need some info, plese mail me at
    [email protected]

I'm also searching 8008 and 4004 components.

Best regards,
    Frdric

• XsirAubreyXsirAubrey Posts: 75Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by XsirAubrey at 2003-7-23 13:30:13[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by XsirAubrey at 2003-7-23 13:26:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by jtmacklin at 2002-8-7 7:29:32[/red][/b][hr]
    : The 8080 Has been around for years ! Can I ask why you are wanting to use that old dog? I am an electrical engineer and have allot of experience with x86, 8085, 8080, Z80, and PIC. I also have a web site
    : that deals with Data Acquisition and the PC .
    :

I am wanting similar information, but for CPUs like the AMD486SX/DX/66/100.

I want to use the CPU for the brain of my ... robot. I researched using a BASIC Stamp or the ATOM-40M, but I am thinking using an AMD486 should be do-able and also a bit easier to aquire.

I am also wanting internal architecture such as the registers and how they interact. I have a post in the programming board... I am writing a processor simulator (not processor specific at this time). I think if I get the basics down on my simulator, I should just be able to rearrange it to match a specific processor. I also need like opcodes, and data bus interfacing, program storage, RAM access, maybe sound or sound card support.

I simply want a bit smart bot than a BASIC Stamp or ATOM would provide.

XsirAubrey
    The search for knowledge is endless.