Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Quick screen response from database

vsi09vsi09 Member Posts: 1
Hi, guys!

I've got a web server with ASPs that connect to a very remote database server (SQL Server, WAN link ping response times around 200 ms) and d/b requests from ASPs typically result with more than 100 records coming back. It takes a while to process them and all I need to show on the resulting webpage is 10 records. I still need all those 100-odd records to arrive on the web server, but I want to show only first 10 initially.
Instead of processing all 100 records before showing the first 10, is there any way to process the first 10, display them and keep receiving and processing the rest in the background?
The alternative is to retrieve 10 by 10 records, but that's very expensive on connection.

Thanks a bundle in advance.

Comments

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

______ < http://forcoder.org /> free video tutorials and ebooks about | Delphi MATLAB Visual Basic Objective-C Visual Basic .NET C++ Go R Swift Java Scratch Ruby C# PHP Python Assembly Perl C PL/SQL JavaScript Lisp Kotlin FoxPro Julia Logo Scheme COBOL Dart Transact-SQL VBScript Scala Alice ML Crystal SAS F# Bash LabVIEW Awk Hack Lua D Fortran Clojure Erlang Rust ABAP Ada Apex Prolog | ______