Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

compute blur with algorhythm from gauss ?

I have heard, the there is a fast way to compute a blur, over any 2D bitmap with alpha mask, with an algorythm using a method from gauss (in german its called the "Gausche-Normalverteilung". Dont know the english word for that.). Can anybody help me ?

Any other good and fast way to blur or unsharpen a 2D bitmap with alpha channel would be welcome.

Sorry for the bad english :-)

Greeting

Claus

Comments

• Josh CodeJosh Code Member Posts: 675
    : I have heard, the there is a fast way to compute a blur, over any 2D bitmap with alpha mask, with an algorythm using a method from gauss (in german its called the "Gausche-Normalverteilung". Dont know the english word for that.). Can anybody help me ?
    :
    : Any other good and fast way to blur or unsharpen a 2D bitmap with alpha channel would be welcome.
    :
    : Sorry for the bad english :-)
    :
    : Greeting
    :
    : Claus
    :

To blur, you could just average the colours of the bitmap's pixels with the pixels near it. To make this fast, you just need a fast method of manipulating the bitmap's pixel data.
    In Delphi, you can use a "ScanLine" function to get a pointer to a row of pixel data and by knowing the pixelformat(32-bit, 24-bit...), you know what bytes will store the red, green, and blue values, so averaging becomes very simple.

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

______ || http://forcoder.org || free ebooks and video tutorials about | Visual Basic, R, Objective-C, PHP, Delphi, MATLAB, Ruby, Swift, Java, PL/SQL, JavaScript, C, C++, Visual Basic .NET, Assembly, C#, Perl, Scratch, Python, Go Rust, Apex, Transact-SQL, ML, Hack, COBOL, SAS, ABAP, Scala, Clojure, Kotlin, Awk, LabVIEW, Erlang, Ada, VBScript, Bash, Alice, Prolog, Crystal, F#, Julia, Fortran, D, Scheme, FoxPro, Lua, Logo, Lisp, Dart | ____________