Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

C# and TAPI

dlbarrondlbarron Member Posts: 2
Has anyone had any luck getting TAPI to work with C#? I'm running into some fairly strange problems.
I added the Telephony class to my toolbox, then dragged an XTel object to my form. Then I added a button. Here's the method I attached to the buttons click event:

private void callButtonclick(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
axPhone.ChooseEngineDialog();
axPhone.CallDialog();
}
Everything compiles fine and comes up. Then I click the button and I get the Speech Engines for the Telephone dialog box. COOL. The next thing I should see would be the Call Dialog but instead I get an error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

huh?
Some things I can do. I can set the AnswerAfterRings property and I can get the MaxLines property. However if I try the MakeCall() method directly I get the NullReferenceException again.

I did a search for TAPI on The Code Project and found S.S. Ahmed's VB Tapi program, and that works fine for me.
I'm sooooooooooo confused.

Comments

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about { Swift, R, Assembly, Objective-C, C++, MATLAB, Go, C#, Visual Basic, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Python, Visual Basic .NET, Delphi, C, PHP, Scratch, Ruby, Java Lua, Apex, Awk, Lisp, Fortran, Kotlin, COBOL, Transact-SQL, F#, ML, Bash, Clojure, Crystal, SAS, D, Ada, VBScript, Erlang, Dart, Rust, Scheme, ABAP, Prolog, Hack, Scala, Logo, Alice, LabVIEW, FoxPro, Julia } ________