Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I Need Help! I Want to Learn How to Design/Program Video Games

str8_ballin88str8_ballin88 Posts: 6Member
Hi! I would really like to learn how to design/program video games but I don't know where to start. I don't even know what type of programming language I need to learn first. Can somebody point me to the right direction?

Comments

• StarmanStarman Posts: 1Member
    : Hi! I would really like to learn how to design/program video games but I don't know where to start. I don't even know what type of programming language I need to learn first. Can somebody point me to the right direction?
    :

Well, it's always difficult to begin with programming games,
    especially if you don't know which language to use.
    I suggest starting with a procedural language like Basic,
    Then maybe C++ or something...
    Check out gamedev.net - section for beginners,
    I hope you will find something useful.

After a litlle practice you will be able to
    write something like Quake :-))

Just kidding, it's not easy to program games
    and as a beginner you will need a lot of typing
    to become good :-)

Wish u luck!

---------------------------
    Ivan Rancic aka Starman