Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Where Can I Learn Basic Programming?

str8_ballin88str8_ballin88 Posts: 6Member
Hi! My name is Corey and I was wondering if anybody could direct me to a place where I could learn basic programming?

Comments

• billywm664billywm664 Posts: 176Member
    : Hi! My name is Corey and I was wondering if anybody could direct me to a place where I could learn basic programming?
    :

1) Get a book; BASIC hasn't changed all that much in 30 or so years, so an old book from your local library will do fine.

2) There's a number of resources on the internet. This site has quite a few; a good start

Most important, practice alot - even if it's pointless little programs, doesn't matter, you'll learn alot quicker by constant practice.
  • SkavenSkaven Posts: 8Member
    : : Hi! My name is Corey and I was wondering if anybody could direct me to a place where I could learn basic programming?
    : :
    :
    : 1) Get a book; BASIC hasn't changed all that much in 30 or so years, so an old book from your local library will do fine.
    :
    : 2) There's a number of resources on the internet. This site has quite a few; a good start
    :
    : Most important, practice alot - even if it's pointless little programs, doesn't matter, you'll learn alot quicker by constant practice.
    :

I have a CD-ROM from The Learning Company called 'The Basic Guide To Programming' which covers BASIC, C and JAVA.

I don't know where you can get it from but i thought it might help.

• glyn@ethos.tvglyn@ethos.tv Posts: 4Member
    Visit the site www.ethosbasic.com, its a free BASIC language with a complete tutorial, user manual, and best of all a support site with an active user community (files, documents, messages, chat etc).