Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Projection onto a Cube

JamesFosJamesFos Member Posts: 240
Hi there,

I'm in need of some code.

I have a 3D scene and can generate images for the 6 directions N E S W and Up and Down. There is a java applet i found which takes these images and produces a fully 3D panoramic view, which is what i'm after.

I've learnt that this applet take the 6 images and projects them onto a cube and rotates that and it looks fantastic.

My problem is, it's a java applet. I need to integrate this into my program. I haven't started writing the program yet so the language is open, tho i'd prefer it to be in C++ or VB (I love them both).

Is there anyone who can help me?

If there's a way other than OpenGL than that'd be great, my machine doesn't run OpenGL 100% successfully. I'm looking for some kind of formula to map the images onto a square view, rather than any renderer.

TIA

James

[hr]

What does God need with a starship?

Comments

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

____ < http://forcoder.org /> free video tutorials and ebooks about // Swift, Python, Ruby, Go, MATLAB, PHP, C++, R, C#, Java, Visual Basic .NET, JavaScript, Scratch, Delphi, Assembly, C, PL/SQL, Perl, Visual Basic, Objective-C ABAP, Lisp, Bash, Scala, Lua, F#, Rust, D, Erlang, Kotlin, VBScript, Dart, Alice, Scheme, Ada, Clojure, Transact-SQL, ML, Logo, Fortran, COBOL, SAS, Crystal, Prolog, Julia, LabVIEW, Hack, FoxPro, Apex, Awk // ___________