Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Cubic Projection

JamesFosJamesFos Member Posts: 240
Hi there,

I'm in need of some code.

I have a 3D scene and can generate images for the 6 directions N E S W and Up and Down. There is a java applet i found which takes these images and produces a fully 3D panoramic view, which is what i'm after.

I've learnt that this applet take the 6 images and projects them onto a cube and rotates that and it looks fantastic.

My problem is, it's a java applet. I need to integrate this into my program. I haven't started writing the program yet so the language is open, tho i'd prefer it to be in C++ or VB (I love them both).

Is there anyone who can help me?

If there's a way other than OpenGL than that'd be great, my machine doesn't run OpenGL 100% successfully. I'm looking for some kind of formula to map the images onto a square view, rather than any renderer.

TIA

James

[hr]

What does God need with a starship?

Comments

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

________ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about \ Perl, C#, Java, Swift, PHP, Assembly, Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET, Scratch, C++, PL/SQL, Objective-C, Ruby, Go, C, JavaScript, Delphi, Python, R, MATLAB Lua, Dart, Bash, SAS, Apex, F#, ABAP, Kotlin, Prolog, Crystal, ML, Julia, D, Awk, VBScript, Ada, Clojure, COBOL, FoxPro, Rust, Scheme, Lisp, Logo, Transact-SQL, Hack, Erlang, LabVIEW, Scala, Fortran, Alice \ _______