Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Turn on a computer automatically

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to turn on a computer at a previously set time?
If so, how?

Roger

Comments

• AzsxQuiAzsxQui Member Posts: 8
    Yes:

Here is how. If the bios has this feature then set the time and your ready to go. Also I was playing with this Idea a few weeks back, but dont have the background to know what I need, but I know what I need to do...

The motherboard has two pins which are usually wired to the toggle switch you depress to turn the machine on. When I am building systems I set em up on a table and with everything plugged in, I short the two pins with a screw driver turning the machine on. Note, once the machine is on you short the pins again to shut the system off.

So what needs to be done is to wire electronics with a timing circuit and have the electronics complete the circuit at the designated time. The Problem would be that if the electronics are dumb and the time wraps around, you may effectively shut the machine off at the same time if it was previously on.

Hopes this points you in the right direction.
    Good Luck

: Hello everyone,
    :
    : Is it possible to turn on a computer at a previously set time?
    : If so, how?
    :
    : Roger
    :
    :
    :
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

| http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about || Visual Basic .NET, Assembly, JavaScript, Ruby, Python, PHP, PL/SQL, Scratch, R, C, MATLAB, C++, Swift, Perl, Delphi, Java, Visual Basic, Go, Objective-C, C# Hack, Crystal, Transact-SQL, F#, Bash, Scala, Ada, Lisp, ML, Alice, VBScript, Awk, Apex, SAS, Prolog, Kotlin, ABAP, Clojure, FoxPro, Erlang, Julia, Dart, Scheme, LabVIEW, Logo, D, COBOL, Rust, Fortran, Lua || _____________