Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How do I store Word documents in MS SQL Server 2000 tables

JohngJohng Member Posts: 3
I want to store some of my companies correspondence into a table within MS SQL Server 2000. Is it possible to store Office 2000 documents such as word documents in a table? I do not want to use a link to a file. What are the implications of storing the document when you click save in word?

Comments

• gigsvoogigsvoo Member Posts: 328
    Yes it is possible, there are allowing OLE object to be stored as a item inside table, but the drawback is that you have to spare much unneccessary space on this context. Other issues including performance, sharing, version control and collaboration.

Neo Gigs
    http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo

• abhishekdasabhishekdas Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me what is the actual way of attaching files within a database. I want to do the following thing -

1. I have a table with different attributes.
    2. I want to put in a word document or a pdf file attached to each entry.
    3. Space is not a problem with me.
    4. Even access rights are not implemented. I just want to add these files in the database.

5. And after adding the files in the database, how do I open it? I mean I ll write a query to display the wanted tuples but then, how do i open the file attached.

Please tell me how to do this. I am in urgent need of this.