Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

VBScript function call from javascript (Server Side)

Hi!
I am trying to call a VBScript function from Javascript (Both of them are running on the SERVER SIDE). For example:

function XYZ()
'VBScript code
end function

function jfunction()
{
XYZ()
}

When I try the above code I get the error:
"Object Expected" on the line where I am calling the VBScript function.

Any comments??

Thanks

Comments

• gigsvoogigsvoo Posts: 328Member
    The reason behind is that 2 different language, why not stick to one or use a intermediate components like HTML or XML to store the value, so that both party can exchange data... yet limited to function calling...

I m not quite sure but somewhere sometime I saw a article talking abt this approach.

Neo Gigs
    http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo

• RadarBobRadarBob Posts: 7Member
    : Hi!
    : I am trying to call a VBScript function from Javascript (Both of them are running on the SERVER SIDE). For example:
    :
    : function XYZ()
    : 'VBScript code
    : end function
    :
    :
    :
    : function jfunction()
    : {
    : XYZ()
    : }
    :
    :
    : When I try the above code I get the error:
    : "Object Expected" on the line where I am calling the VBScript function.
    :
    : Any comments??
    :
    : Thanks

Try this:

function jfunction() {
    [b]<%[/b]XYZ()[b]%>[/b]
    }