Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

New feature suggestions

As a forum moderator, I have a couple suggestions:

1) When a moderator moves a message, it would be nice if there was an indication left in the forum for a week or so. Being moderator for the LINUX programming board and the Linux Support board, I have to move posts fairly often, and I send a message to the person who started the thread telling them why it was moved. I think it would be better if the thread still appeared in the forum for a short period of time with a flag showing that it's been moved, and the link take you to the new location.

2) It might be a good idea for the moderator to be able to lock a thread. I haven't seen any problems here, but it would be handy to have just in case a thread gets out of hand.
Ben Martin :-D
programmer

Comments