Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Pocket PC with Delphi

Dear All, I am fresh in exploring pocket PC. Therefore I need some explanation from you. Is pocket pc's application can only be written in embedded Visual Basic ? Currently all the samples I saw are using embedded Visual Basic in my PC. What database type is used for pocket pc ? Is it only Access ? Well, in my case, I am using delphi. Is there any way to use delphi to develop pocket pc application and using interbase as database ? Is there any where I can refer to those pocket pc application which related to database ?

Comments

• weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member
    : Dear All, I am fresh in exploring pocket PC. Therefore I need some explanation from you. Is pocket pc's application can only be written in embedded Visual Basic ? Currently all the samples I saw are using embedded Visual Basic in my PC. What database type is used for pocket pc ? Is it only Access ? Well, in my case, I am using delphi. Is there any way to use delphi to develop pocket pc application and using interbase as database ? Is there any where I can refer to those pocket pc application which related to database ?
    :

I don't think Borland is going to port Delphi to RocketPC.
  • stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    You have two choices for the Pocket PC: eVB 3.0 or eVC++ 3.0, both are free Microsoft compilers. These two compilers produce executables for the targeted processor, such as ARM. You can't use Delphi because it will produces programs that can only be run in x86-compatible computers. For database applications, eVB is the easiest, but may be slower than eVC++.