I installed mod_jk and tomcat4 on my redhat7.3 linux box. I want the /home/users are able to run jsp and servlet on their own directories. However, the apache web server cannot be started now.
Loaded DSO modules/mod_jk.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with - DEAPI).
What does it mean and how should I do it now?
According to http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Li...l#APACHETOMCAT
, here were my steps (Please tell me which part I was wrong):
1. I installed mod_jk-1.3-1.0-184.108.40.206.i386.rpm which was downloaded from http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ja...es/v4.0.2/rpms/
2. I downloaded http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ja...3-ap13-eapi.so
, rename it to mod_jk.so and replace the one located under /usr/lib/apache/mod_jk.so.
3. Modify: /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
4. Add to: /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml
5. Add to: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
6. Modify: /etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf
Thanks for any advice.