Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

using drop down menu to search simple calendar

JediMacJediMac Member Posts: 2
I created a calendar using a table with each day having a checkbox - the file is edited by checking the days required, and also searched by checking the days looked for. (I use a javascript 'check all' link to speed up the process)

I was wondering if I could improve the search process by using a drop down menu to select the starting date and then stating the number of days required - the script would locate the starting date and count off the days then come up with relevant entries.

Does anybody have any ideas how I could do this?

Comments

• JediMacJediMac Member Posts: 2
    I thought if I input the dates with consecutive values so Feb 1st becomes 032, March 31st has a value of 090 then I could extract the starter date and number of days required as an array and test each entry for consecutiveness. If array is consecutive then the entry is selected as a 'result', if not it is discarded and the script moves on to the next entry.

Does this sound like a good approach, if so how can I test for consecutiveness?
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

________ { http://forcoder.org } free ebooks and video tutorials about || Visual Basic Perl MATLAB PL/SQL C Delphi Java C++ JavaScript C# Go Visual Basic .NET R PHP Ruby Swift Python Assembly Objective-C Scratch F# Ada Dart ABAP Kotlin Transact-SQL Prolog Erlang ML Rust FoxPro Lua VBScript Bash Scala LabVIEW Clojure Julia Lisp Logo D SAS Fortran Awk Scheme Hack Apex Alice COBOL Crystal || ___________