Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Robots .. .

Anyone know of a good resource on how to start .. .and build a little simple robot connected to the computer? I'm looking for something basic . .book? website? .. . I know how to program in C and Assembly to an extent .. .so give me some ideas of how to start and where to look ..

I'm juss looking into finding a hobbie . .or somethin to do besides go to work and learn nothing but the usual work related stuff . ..

Comments

• ryo_samaryo_sama Member Posts: 18
    : Anyone know of a good resource on how to start .. .and build a little simple robot connected to the computer? I'm looking for something basic . .book? website? .. . I know how to program in C and Assembly to an extent .. .so give me some ideas of how to start and where to look ..
    :
    :
    : I'm juss looking into finding a hobbie . .or somethin to do besides go to work and learn nothing but the usual work related stuff . ..
    :

Cool. =)
    If you want some inspiration one good site is
    http://robotstore.com/
    They got basicly everything for bilding smal robots, im gessing you aren't bildig somthing that can throw a toyota 100 feet. =)
    Chek out the library/gallery real cool stuff.

This page has a lot of links, most of it is good stuff. ^_^
    http://members.tripod.com/~thisthat/robelec.html

Have fun and good luck! =)

• dieharddiehard Member Posts: 87
    : Anyone know of a good resource on how to start .. .and build a little simple robot connected to the computer? I'm looking for something basic . .book? website? .. . I know how to program in C and Assembly to an extent .. .so give me some ideas of how to start and where to look ..
    :
    :
    : I'm juss looking into finding a hobbie . .or somethin to do besides go to work and learn nothing but the usual work related stuff . ..
    :
    Hi,
    Look at www.basicstamp.com!!!
  • dauvedauve Member Posts: 89
    Another Question. . .Does anyone know where i can go for info on building a robot where its not something like step one step two . .but something more advanced where you get the board and chip specicfications. . and say do this do that. . . if u attach this .. then this will happen adn stuff like that. . .rather than a kit where you know what your going to end up with?

hope you know what i mean. . . (something where i could use maybe c. . assembly, soldering, etc. . .fun stuff like that)

thnx
    dauve

• ryo_samaryo_sama Member Posts: 18
    Here you go.
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbolt/e-index.html
    Chek out the spider, link botem left, instuctions, wieringdiagrams boardlayouts, part numbers and so on. =)
    Found this link erlyer today... =)

John

: Another Question. . .Does anyone know where i can go for info on building a robot where its not something like step one step two . .but something more advanced where you get the board and chip specicfications. . and say do this do that. . . if u attach this .. then this will happen adn stuff like that. . .rather than a kit where you know what your going to end up with?
    :
    :
    :
    : hope you know what i mean. . . (something where i could use maybe c. . assembly, soldering, etc. . .fun stuff like that)
    :
    : thnx
    : dauve
    :
    :

• josefjosef Member Posts: 37
    This is a very good website, look at the encoder online newsletters

http://www.seattlerobotics.org/

Joe

: : Anyone know of a good resource on how to start .. .and build a little simple robot connected to the computer? I'm looking for something basic . .book? website? .. . I know how to program in C and Assembly to an extent .. .so give me some ideas of how to start and where to look ..
    : :
    : : I'm juss looking into finding a hobbie . .or somethin to do besides go to work and learn nothing but the usual work related stuff . ..
    : Hi,
    : Look at www.basicstamp.com!!!
    :

• DonAlexandroDonAlexandro Member Posts: 32
    :
    :
    :
    Check this out: www.fishertechnik.co.uk .You can buy a robot from them
    and if you like hardware you can take off the interface of fishertechnik
    ,put a microcontroller,connect it to the motors and other devices of the robot and program it!!
  • JorgJorg Member Posts: 2
    :
    :
    :

http://www.electroforum.tk/

We have just started our site, it has lots of helpful stuff. A lot of robotics fans are there to answer any of your questions. By the way, I just signed up on this great forum to help out on programming topics (this pointed out forum is electronics only) ... not programming ;-) so I hope this is not taken as spam .. hehe

• JorgJorg Member Posts: 2
    :
    :
    :

http://www.electroforum.tk/

We have just started our site, it has lots of helpful stuff. A lot of robotics fans are there to answer any of your questions. By the way, I just signed up on this great forum to help out on programming topics (this pointed out forum is electronics only) ... not programming ;-) so I hope this is not taken as spam .. hehe

• MoniMoni Member Posts: 4
    Hey!
    I am also trying this. I also know C,C++,Java and little assembly.
    If you have got succided please don't forget to inform me.

Moni.

: : Anyone know of a good resource on how to start .. .and build a little simple robot connected to the computer? I'm looking for something basic . .book? website? .. . I know how to program in C and Assembly to an extent .. .so give me some ideas of how to start and where to look ..
    : : I'm juss looking into finding a hobbie . .or somethin to do besides go to work and learn nothing but the usual work related stuff . ..
    : Check this out: www.fishertechnik.co.uk .You can buy a robot from them
    : and if you like hardware you can take off the interface of fishertechnik
    : ,put a microcontroller,connect it to the motors and other devices of the robot and program it!!
    :

• alipouralipour Member Posts: 10
    [b][red]This message was edited by alipour at 2002-8-18 1:32:21[/red][/b][hr]
    I suggest building a line follower robot.
    I'm working on this too and can help you about this.
    A line follower robot searching and following a black line in white context.
    hamidreza_alipour@yahoo.com