Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

24 bit to 256 color

jeffy_khorjeffy_khor Member Posts: 163
I have set a 256 color mode in dos. But what happen is the color problem. If I want to inside two diffrent bitmap(with diffrent palete, diffrent 256 color), how to solve this problem to make the color compatible. May be a little code to explain in c. Thank you.

Comments

• CrapCrap Member Posts: 1
    : I have set a 256 color mode in dos. But what happen is the color problem. If I want to inside two diffrent bitmap(with diffrent palete, diffrent 256 color), how to solve this problem to make the color compatible. May be a little code to explain in c. Thank you.
    :
    I had the same problem quite some time ago. There are many algorithms which map a 24-bit based RBG cube onto a fixed palette. You can find them on the net. If you want a quick dirty method of doing it, you can open all 256 color bitmaps onto a large canvas (in Photoshop,etc) in 24 bit mode, convert it to 256 colors and then cut out the bitmaps. Basically, let photoshop do the math for you. :-) That way you will have the same palette for all your images. Search also for color dithering.
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

____ // http://forcoder.org // free video tutorials and ebooks about | Java, Visual Basic .NET, C#, Swift, JavaScript, PL/SQL, C, R, Assembly, MATLAB, Scratch, Visual Basic, Delphi, C++, Python, Objective-C, PHP, Go, Ruby, Perl ML, Kotlin, D, FoxPro, Scala, Apex, VBScript, Transact-SQL, Lisp, Ada, Hack, Awk, Logo, Alice, F#, Bash, Scheme, Rust, ABAP, Prolog, Dart, Fortran, COBOL, Crystal, Erlang, Julia, SAS, Lua, Clojure, LabVIEW | _________