Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

artificial intelligence

benjaminmar8benjaminmar8 Member Posts: 34
I am astudent, right now I am doing a project which is "vision control",
it is like this, a camera is fixed on a robot which is preprogrammed such that when the robot "see" a stop sign, say a triangle, it will stop, and if it "see" a turn left sign, it will turn left. for the robot part, there's no problem. What confused me is the image processing, how can I define a triangle in pogramming language. I am new in image processing, I even donot know how to get it started, can anyone help me on this. Thanks

Comments

• MrEdMrEd Member Posts: 180
    : I am astudent, right now I am doing a project which is "vision control",
    : it is like this, a camera is fixed on a robot which is preprogrammed such that when the robot "see" a stop sign, say a triangle, it will stop, and if it "see" a turn left sign, it will turn left. for the robot part, there's no problem. What confused me is the image processing, how can I define a triangle in pogramming language. I am new in image processing, I even donot know how to get it started, can anyone help me on this. Thanks
    :

hmmmm. you'll probably want to look up info on object recognision and simple image processing stuff like edge detection (where you can find the outside edges of a triangle, calculate the line equations and determine if they form a triangle). or stuff like fuzzy logic with pattern recognision.

other than that i cant really help.
  • benjaminmar8benjaminmar8 Member Posts: 34
    : : I am astudent, right now I am doing a project which is "vision control",
    : : it is like this, a camera is fixed on a robot which is preprogrammed such that when the robot "see" a stop sign, say a triangle, it will stop, and if it "see" a turn left sign, it will turn left. for the robot part, there's no problem. What confused me is the image processing, how can I define a triangle in pogramming language. I am new in image processing, I even donot know how to get it started, can anyone help me on this. Thanks
    : :
    :
    : hmmmm. you'll probably want to look up info on object recognision and simple image processing stuff like edge detection (where you can find the outside edges of a triangle, calculate the line equations and determine if they form a triangle). or stuff like fuzzy logic with pattern recognision.
    :
    : other than that i cant really help.
    :

That's exactly want I want. What I am doing now is manualy creat a binary image, it is not a image rather than a matrics, then I use a mask to detect the edge of this image, sth like below
    image :
    mask:
    0 -1 0
    -1 4 -1
    0 -1 0

This is pretty primitive, my lecturer told me that the video capture card that I am going to use ,which is picasso pc104-2sq, has certain library can ease the programming, intel also has some libraries like morphology processing. Is that ture?
    I also come cross fuzzy logic very often, but I really donot know what it is. Could u introduce a little bit more on this, thanks.

ben

• MrEdMrEd Member Posts: 180
    : : : I am astudent, right now I am doing a project which is "vision control",
    : : : it is like this, a camera is fixed on a robot which is preprogrammed such that when the robot "see" a stop sign, say a triangle, it will stop, and if it "see" a turn left sign, it will turn left. for the robot part, there's no problem. What confused me is the image processing, how can I define a triangle in pogramming language. I am new in image processing, I even donot know how to get it started, can anyone help me on this. Thanks
    : : :
    : : hmmmm. you'll probably want to look up info on object recognision and simple image processing stuff like edge detection (where you can find the outside edges of a triangle, calculate the line equations and determine if they form a triangle). or stuff like fuzzy logic with pattern recognision.
    : : other than that i cant really help.
    :
    : That's exactly want I want. What I am doing now is manualy creat a binary image, it is not a image rather than a matrics, then I use a mask to detect the edge of this image, sth like below
    : image :
    : 000000000000000000000
    : 000000011111100000000
    : mask:
    : 0 -1 0
    : -1 4 -1
    : 0 -1 0
    :
    : This is pretty primitive, my lecturer told me that the video capture card that I am going to use ,which is picasso pc104-2sq, has certain library can ease the programming, intel also has some libraries like morphology processing. Is that ture?
    : I also come cross fuzzy logic very often, but I really donot know what it is. Could u introduce a little bit more on this, thanks.
    :
    : ben
    :
    :

sorry i dont know about the Intel libraries. fuzzy logic is a huge area in itself. ive done a couple of subjects on it but never really delved into it much. you'll need to learn the basics (im sure there are tutorial web pages out there somewhere) first which are pretty simple to understand. however, the more advanced stuff (ie the useful stuff) seems alot harder to grasp. the only experience ive had was to do with a common example of balancing an inverted pendulum - it was simply a replacement for a PID controller.
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_____ ( http://forcoder.org ) free video tutorials and ebooks about \ Visual Basic .NET Ruby Swift JavaScript Go PHP Java Visual Basic MATLAB Python R Delphi PL/SQL Scratch Assembly Perl C C# Objective-C C++ Ada COBOL Rust Scheme VBScript ML Lisp Alice Clojure F# ABAP Lua LabVIEW Transact-SQL Scala Kotlin Bash Erlang SAS Logo Dart Julia D Awk Apex FoxPro Fortran Hack Prolog Crystal \