Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

texturing

Ok. I need someone to tell me how to texture my polygons. I read many articles on this subject on this website, but I just didn't catch on.
I need a simple explanation (without those complicated english words).
I am using the simplest methods to calculate the 3D thingies, and I just got into S-buffer.
At first I calculated the increment (x2-x1/y2-y1) for each line, then I tried to store the increment and use only addition to speed the algorithm up, but it just doesn't work when the polygon gets to the -y coordinates (a rectangle extends to the left and then to the right - a strange graphic effect that I would have never expected)! Must be a bug somewhere in the progam.

Oh, and another thing - I use borland C and I don't know anything about assembler. I just got into C programming 9 months ago, into graphics programming too. So I am a complete amateur. Does someone want to help me?

Comments

• CybrixCybrix Member Posts: 7
    : Ok. I need someone to tell me how to texture my polygons. I read many articles on this subject on this website, but I just didn't catch on.
    : I need a simple explanation (without those complicated english words).
    : I am using the simplest methods to calculate the 3D thingies, and I just got into S-buffer.
    : At first I calculated the increment (x2-x1/y2-y1) for each line, then I tried to store the increment and use only addition to speed the algorithm up, but it just doesn't work when the polygon gets to the -y coordinates (a rectangle extends to the left and then to the right - a strange graphic effect that I would have never expected)! Must be a bug somewhere in the progam.
    :
    : Oh, and another thing - I use borland C and I don't know anything about assembler. I just got into C programming 9 months ago, into graphics programming too. So I am a complete amateur. Does someone want to help me?
    :
    Don't work with 3D if you're beginer.. It's quit dificult to tell you bout some 3d stuff if you don't know anything bout assembler!!! If you would like to make some realtime stuff then you'll come to optimization... e.t.c
    Start with some 2D pictures couse there is a lot of tricks to find out bout 2D!! And only then when you will be able to make any effect(for example water effect in real time on Pentium 80Mhz) in 2D you will be ready to start 3D programming.. Trust Me!

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_ { http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about < Delphi, Objective-C, MATLAB, Go, PL/SQL, R, Python, Scratch, Visual Basic, C++, C#, Assembly, Perl, C, Java, JavaScript, Ruby, Visual Basic .NET, PHP, Swift Rust, Scheme, D, Transact-SQL, F#, Clojure, LabVIEW, Erlang, Hack, Fortran, Prolog, Apex, SAS, Crystal, Lua, Alice, COBOL, Awk, Scala, FoxPro, Kotlin, Lisp, Bash, Julia, Dart, Logo, ML, VBScript, Ada, ABAP /> _