Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Pause Help...

Okay, I'm new to programming in VB5... I know you can use *.Bas files in other versions... But in VB5, what do I use... Cause I wanted to know how to use a "pause" or "timeout" like I do in VB 3 or 4. Like,

image1.visible = true

pause 5

image1.visible = false

like that... How would I do that in VB5? Please reply!

Thanks!

AnGeLDuT

Comments

• : Okay, I'm new to programming in VB5... I know you can use *.Bas files in other versions... But in VB5, what do I use... Cause I wanted to know how to use a "pause" or "timeout" like I do in VB 3 or 4. Like,

: image1.visible = true

: pause 5

: image1.visible = false

: like that... How would I do that in VB5? Please reply!

: Thanks!

: AnGeLDuT

What not use the Timer Control?

• This should work, but I haven't tried it.

Use a global integer, I'll call it pauser.

Image1.Visible=True

Timer1.Interval=5000

Do Until Pauser = True

Loop

Image1.Visible=False

In the Timer1_Timer sub, use:

Pauser=True

Timer intervals are in thousandths of a second.

If you don't actually want the program paused, just the image displayed for "x" number of seconds, use:

Image1.Visible=True

Timer1.Interval=5000

In the Timer1_Timer sub, use:

Image1.Visible=False

This is written in VB3 code, but should work with little change in VB5.

Hope this helps!

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_____ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about || Objective-C, R, JavaScript, C, Swift, MATLAB, C#, Delphi, Go, C++, Perl, Python, Assembly, PHP, Scratch, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, Java, Ruby, Visual Basic .NET Transact-SQL, FoxPro, Fortran, Dart, D, Crystal, Hack, F#, Scheme, Lisp, Prolog, ML, COBOL, Apex, Kotlin, ABAP, Lua, Erlang, Julia, Scala, Bash, Logo, SAS, Alice, VBScript, Clojure, Awk, LabVIEW, Rust, Ada || ___