Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Provider error '80004005' Unspecified error (REALLY NEED HELP)

There is an error that occurs randomly on my webpage.... This error make IIS down until i restart it. I spend almost 500 hours trying to find what cause the error or a workaround (yes 500 hours i'm serious...ASP is the worst nightmare of my life) I'm not a beginner with ASP and i dont think it really matter to have the code as the error occurs randomly and there is no error in my code. Dont know why but sometime the open of the database cause IIS to stop and my site display Unspecified error each time i try to simply open the database.

Ex of my code to open the database :

Dim dbobject
Dim RS
set dbobject = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
dbobject.Open "MyTestDns"
SqlQuery="Select * from SomeTable"
Set RS = dbobject.Execute(SqlQuery)

Any idea or clues will be REALLLLLLY appreciate....PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Thanks,
Mike
micheal0029@hotmail.com

Comments

• hurraybananahurraybanana Member Posts: 4
    : There is an error that occurs randomly on my webpage.... This error make IIS down until i restart it. I spend almost 500 hours trying to find what cause the error or a workaround (yes 500 hours i'm serious...ASP is the worst nightmare of my life) I'm not a beginner with ASP and i dont think it really matter to have the code as the error occurs randomly and there is no error in my code. Dont know why but sometime the open of the database cause IIS to stop and my site display Unspecified error each time i try to simply open the database.
    :
    : Ex of my code to open the database :
    :
    : Dim dbobject
    : Dim RS
    : set dbobject = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    : dbobject.Open "MyTestDns"
    : SqlQuery="Select * from SomeTable"
    : Set RS = dbobject.Execute(SqlQuery)
    : ...
    :
    : Any idea or clues will be REALLLLLLY appreciate....PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Mike
    : micheal0029@hotmail.com
    :
    I've experienced the same problem, it was due to read/write permissions for the folder on the webserver (server 2000) which contained the database. Check your permissions for the visiting users, is all I can suggest.

I hope this helps

• gigsvoogigsvoo Member Posts: 328
    To void this problem, create or there shall be a IIS_USER created for you to allow outsider to run asp file, just enable that user to access readonly permission on that folder or its parent will do the tricks i guess.

Neo Gigs
    http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

___ { http://forcoder.org } free ebooks and video tutorials about { C++, Visual Basic, C#, Go, Objective-C, Java, Python, MATLAB, Perl, PHP, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Ruby, Swift, Assembly, Scratch, PL/SQL, C, R, Delphi Rust, F#, Bash, LabVIEW, COBOL, Fortran, Scala, Crystal, Ada, SAS, Clojure, D, Alice, Lua, Prolog, Lisp, Erlang, Apex, Dart, FoxPro, Hack, ML, Logo, Julia, Scheme, Kotlin, Awk, VBScript, ABAP, Transact-SQL } _______