Alternative to Btrieve 5.x 6.x

Has anyone had any experience with Tsunami record manager? It's supposed to be an alternative to Btrieve 5.x - 6.x and has a C++ interface. Looks good to me. www.trm-ug.com

Comments

• : Has anyone had any experience with Tsunami record manager? It's supposed to be an alternative to Btrieve 5.x - 6.x and has a C++ interface. Looks good to me. www.trm-ug.com
    :

Haven't tried or heard of it before. I just want to say I sympathize with anyone who has had to write programs to access a Btrieve database. I've done Btrieve programming in 16-bit C for years at work because we had to make use of existing 16-bit libraries that had been coded 5-6 years prior. Anyone ever try to manually set up the input buffer to pass to a Get Next Extended call? It's a pain in the rear. I finally got fed up enough that I rewrote the libraries using 32-bit C++ (without my supervisor's express permission), with our database record structure designed as a class object. The interface was [b]much[/b] better compared to the way we had to do things before. Btrieve is still a piece of crud compared to other database software out there. Now we are in the process of converting the database to Oracle (yeah!) but all my weeks/months worth of hard work doing the conversion is down the tube. I will definitely be checking out the link you provided just to see what its about even though we won't be using it here.