Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need help with automatic login

needIdeaneedIdea Member Posts: 2
I am using Inet1.Execute, along with URLDownloadToFile, to automatically download a specified file from the internet. The file I am trying to download is placed in a protected directory on the internet.

I need help with the process of logging in. I cant seem to get the Inet1 control to do this properly....

any ideas?

Comments

• leeosleeos Member Posts: 1,212
    : I am using Inet1.Execute, along with URLDownloadToFile, to automatically download a specified file from the internet. The file I am trying to download is placed in a protected directory on the internet.
    :
    : I need help with the process of logging in. I cant seem to get the Inet1 control to do this properly....
    :
    : any ideas?

I use this// works fine for me.

[code]
    Inet1.URL = "xxxxxxxxxxx/"
    Inet1.UserName = "xxxxxx"
    Inet1.Password = "xxxxxx"

Do While Inet1.StillExecuting
    DoEvents
    Loop
    [/code]

• needIdeaneedIdea Member Posts: 2
    : : I am using Inet1.Execute, along with URLDownloadToFile, to automatically download a specified file from the internet. The file I am trying to download is placed in a protected directory on the internet.
    : :
    : : I need help with the process of logging in. I cant seem to get the Inet1 control to do this properly....
    : : any ideas?
    :
    : I use this// works fine for me.
    :
    : [code]
    : Inet1.URL = "xxxxxxxxxxx/"
    : Inet1.UserName = "xxxxxx"
    : Inet1.Password = "xxxxxx"
    :
    : Do While Inet1.StillExecuting
    : DoEvents
    : Loop
    : [/code]
    :
    : !!!!! Computers must quiver in your presence !!!! Thanks!!
    I had tried that before, however missed the forward slash and didnt have the .StillExecuting.

Works great now!

• leeosleeos Member Posts: 1,212
    : : : I am using Inet1.Execute, along with URLDownloadToFile, to automatically download a specified file from the internet. The file I am trying to download is placed in a protected directory on the internet.
    : : :
    : : : I need help with the process of logging in. I cant seem to get the Inet1 control to do this properly....
    : : :
    : : : any ideas?
    : : I use this// works fine for me.
    : : [code]
    : : Inet1.URL = "xxxxxxxxxxx/"
    : : Inet1.UserName = "xxxxxx"
    : : Inet1.Password = "xxxxxx"
    : : Do While Inet1.StillExecuting
    : : DoEvents
    : : Loop
    : : [/code]
    : : !!!!! Computers must quiver in your presence !!!! Thanks!!
    : I had tried that before, however missed the forward slash and didnt have the .StillExecuting.
    :
    : Works great now!
    :
    Thanks... but i wouldn't go that far. Have learnt by getting it wrong so many times.

lee
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

________ // http://forcoder.org // free video tutorials and ebooks about [ C++, Swift, Visual Basic .NET, Objective-C, C#, Scratch, PL/SQL, JavaScript, Go, Python, PHP, C, Java, Ruby, Assembly, Visual Basic, Delphi, MATLAB, R, Perl Transact-SQL, Awk, Fortran, Apex, Bash, ML, Prolog, VBScript, LabVIEW, FoxPro, Clojure, Scala, Rust, Kotlin, COBOL, Erlang, Hack, F#, Lisp, Lua, Crystal, SAS, Julia, Dart, Alice, ABAP, Ada, Logo, Scheme, D ] ________