newbie needs help - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

newbie needs help

locodudelocodude Posts: 28Member
I'm a complete newbie to embedded systems and development but it interests me a lot. Could someone point the way towards some good literature or (preferably) an online tutorial/crashcourse or something so I can learn about this stuff from scratch?

Comments

• kencernedkencerned Posts: 1Member
    : I'm a complete newbie to embedded systems and development but it interests me a lot. Could someone point the way towards some good literature or (preferably) an online tutorial/crashcourse or something so I can learn about this stuff from scratch?
    :
    :

You can buy "An Embedded Software Primer by David E Simon" to start with, its not a great book but gives you an idea as what an embedded applications is and related terminology. I can give you more specific info. if you tell me which area you are interested in like, RTOS, FPGA or ASIC. Good luck

• cfhcfh Posts: 5Member
    : I'm a complete newbie to embedded systems and development but it interests me a lot. Could someone point the way towards some good literature or (preferably) an online tutorial/crashcourse or something so I can learn about this stuff from scratch?
    :
    :
    Rigel corp makes several nice intro systems as well as several
    texts. BOTH have been used in local technical schools for thier courses.
    while principally based on '51 family micros, they DO have others as well.
    most reasonable.

read ,code and learn by sometimes making it burn!

cfh