Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I cannot find the graphic libraries

TommzTommz Posts: 8Member
I'm beggining programmer in C++. I'm learnig this beautiful language from books and I want to program some games for MS-Dos but my compiler (VC++ 6.00) doesn't contain graphic libraries (the most of games which I downloaded from internet inluded and the compiler signaled errors), also the conio.h doesn't contain clrscr() statement that should clear the screen. Could any from betters programmers help me ??? Thank you for your time.
Please excuse some mistakes which I have with English grammer.

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : I'm beggining programmer in C++. I'm learnig this beautiful language from books and I want to program some games for MS-Dos but my compiler (VC++ 6.00) doesn't contain graphic libraries (the most of games which I downloaded from internet inluded and the compiler signaled errors), also the conio.h doesn't contain clrscr() statement that should clear the screen. Could any from betters programmers help me ??? Thank you for your time.
    : Please excuse some mistakes which I have with English grammer.
    :
    :
    [blue]You need to download Turbo C++ from:

http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone3/cat215/index.htm

You need TC201.ZIP from this page.

The graphics.h (also, clrscr()) can be compiled by that compiler. Also, VC++ 6.0 is for Win32 only - it does not create DOS programs.[/blue]
  • acozzacozz Posts: 95Member
    : The graphics.h (also, clrscr()) can be compiled by that compiler. Also, VC++ 6.0 is for Win32 only - it does not create DOS programs.[/blue]
    :

VC++ 6.0 is not just for Win32. It can be used to create DOS programs called Win32 Console Applications.

• PeterTheMasterPeterTheMaster Posts: 636Member
    : : The graphics.h (also, clrscr()) can be compiled by that compiler. Also, VC++ 6.0 is for Win32 only - it does not create DOS programs.[/blue]
    : :
    :
    : VC++ 6.0 is not just for Win32. It can be used to create DOS programs called Win32 Console Applications.
    :
    :

since they are called win32 console applications they cannot be dos programs.
  • acozzacozz Posts: 95Member
    : : : The graphics.h (also, clrscr()) can be compiled by that compiler. Also, VC++ 6.0 is for Win32 only - it does not create DOS programs.[/blue]
    : : :
    : : VC++ 6.0 is not just for Win32. It can be used to create DOS programs called Win32 Console Applications.
    :
    : since they are called win32 console applications they cannot be dos programs.
    :

If you go into dos and run them they work fine. However it is a moot point as dos is dead (at least in the new windows os).
  • PeterTheMasterPeterTheMaster Posts: 636Member
    : : : : The graphics.h (also, clrscr()) can be compiled by that compiler. Also, VC++ 6.0 is for Win32 only - it does not create DOS programs.[/blue]
    : : : :
    : : : VC++ 6.0 is not just for Win32. It can be used to create DOS programs called Win32 Console Applications.
    : : since they are called win32 console applications they cannot be dos programs.
    :
    : If you go into dos and run them they work fine. However it is a moot point as dos is dead (at least in the new windows os).
    :

you say you still have dos installed and if you select it during boot you can execute win32 programs? cool.