Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How Do I Connect Database with SQL-Server

krugerkruger Member Posts: 6

I have installed SQL-Server in my Computer So I don't know where to start, someone can help. Where to start and how can I connect with Database.

Comments

• paulj59paulj59 Member Posts: 420
    :
    : I have installed SQL-Server in my Computer So I don't know where to start, someone can help. Where to start and how can I connect with Database.
    :

Find Enterprise Manager in your Programs. You can create databases from there and view tables etc.
  • krugerkruger Member Posts: 6
    : :
    : : I have installed SQL-Server in my Computer So I don't know where to start, someone can help. Where to start and how can I connect with Database.
    : :
    :
    : Find Enterprise Manager in your Programs. You can create databases from there and view tables etc.
    :
    I have Enterprise Manager in my Programs but knowing nothing where to start. I see U can help me further. Can U do so please. I have Enterparise Manager.

• japlhajaplha Member Posts: 12
    Two tools that can be used to connect to a SQL Server are "Enterprise Manager" and "Query Analyzer".
    If you are using "Enterprise Manager" you may have to create a group and register your server. I forget if a default group is created or not.

I'm assuming you are using SQL server 2000. If not SQL 7 should be similiar to these steps.

Start "Enterprise Manager"
    Right-click the "Microsoft SQL Servers" icon.
    Select "New SQL Server group"
    A new group should be created.
    Select the group and right click.
    Select "New SQL server Registration"
    The "Register SQL server wizard" starts
    Click Next
    Type the name of your server (IP address or Name of your computer) in the "Available servers" text box.
    Click the Add button
    Select the authentication mode.
    Select the group you created.
    Hopefully you will get a "registered successfully" message.

Now you can select the server from the group and browse around.

"Query Analyzer" is a bit easier to setup but it's not as graphical or user friendly as "Enterprise Manager".
    Start "Query Analyzer"
    Go to File -> Connect
    Type your server name(IP address or name of computer)
    Specify an authentication method.
    Click "OK".
    You should be connected now.

Please let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.

Later
    :
    : I have installed SQL-Server in my Computer So I don't know where to start, someone can help. Where to start and how can I connect with Database.
    :

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

___ \ http://forcoder.org \ free ebooks and video tutorials about || C C# Visual Basic Python Visual Basic .NET C++ Delphi PL/SQL PHP Perl R Assembly MATLAB Go Ruby Objective-C Java JavaScript Swift Scratch Ada LabVIEW Dart Alice Bash VBScript ML Lua Scala Scheme F# D Transact-SQL Erlang Julia Hack Lisp SAS Fortran Logo Prolog ABAP Awk Crystal Apex COBOL Clojure Kotlin Rust FoxPro || _________