Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Why is this not working???? PLEASE HELP!!!!

al_pennyworthal_pennyworth Member Posts: 5
Hello All, thanks for reading this and for any help you may provide. I am having a problem, I used the "Building Office 2K Addins" article as a guide and I am trying to automate MS Word but I keep getting a compiler error. The error is:

StdAfx.obj : fatal error LNK1179: invalid or corrupt file: duplicate comdat "_IID_CanvasShapes"

I cannot figure out why I keep getting this link error. I am not sure what is causing this. Does any have any idea that may work, it works in the article but not for me. I have included a lot of the code, if anyone needs to see more, just let me know. I am in desperate need and am clueless!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instead of importing Outlook, I am trying to import Word in the stdafx.h:

#import "C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedOffice10mso.dll" rename_namespace("Office") named_guids
using namespace Office;

#import "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10MSWORD.olb" rename("ExitWindows", "WordExitWindows"), named_guids, raw_interfaces_only
using namespace Word;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My stdafx.cpp looks like this:

#include "stdafx.h"

#ifdef _ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY
#include
#include
#endif

#include

Why would I be getting error. I cannot get around it! PLEASE HELP!!!!