Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

CPU Ratio

PoormanPoorman Member Posts: 13
I just bought a new barebones system with a Jetway V266B motherboard. I am having trouble with CPU ratio jumpers. First of all, what is it. Second is how do I figure what ratio to put it at. Ratios are listed from 5.0x-12.5x. I am using an AMD Athlon XP 1700 CPU. Thanks

Poorman

Comments

• AzsxQuiAzsxQui Member Posts: 8
    Well... What is the Speed of the CPU? The formula is usually:

Bus Speed X Multiplier ~ CPU Clock speed (Approx)

I could be wrong. But, Be aware that since AMD implemented its new naming convention...I have no idea what the clock speed for a XP 1700 is...For this check AMD @ www.amd.com.

Good luck!

: I just bought a new barebones system with a Jetway V266B motherboard. I am having trouble with CPU ratio jumpers. First of all, what is it. Second is how do I figure what ratio to put it at. Ratios are listed from 5.0x-12.5x. I am using an AMD Athlon XP 1700 CPU. Thanks
    :
    :
    :
    : Poorman
    :

• dave68dave68 Member Posts: 6
    Actually Bus Speed x Multiplier = CPU Clock Speed (exactly). There is no approximation, this is exactly how the hardware does it, so this is exactly the frequency, the stated cpu frequency is often rounded to the nearest 33 or 50MHz and this is where the approximation is.

Anyway, the principle is sound, the V266B motherboard has a bus speed of 266MHz, and the Athlon XP 1700 needs a CPU clock of aprox 1.47GHz(despite its name suggesting otherwise), so the multiplier should be set to 5.5 (actual CPU clock speed will be 1.463GHz), you could try 6 times which would overclock slightly at 1.596GHz

: Well... What is the Speed of the CPU? The formula is usually:
    :
    : Bus Speed X Multiplier ~ CPU Clock speed (Approx)
    :
    : I could be wrong. But, Be aware that since AMD implemented its new naming convention...I have no idea what the clock speed for a XP 1700 is...For this check AMD @ www.amd.com.
    :
    : Good luck!
    :
    :
    : : I just bought a new barebones system with a Jetway V266B motherboard. I am having trouble with CPU ratio jumpers. First of all, what is it. Second is how do I figure what ratio to put it at. Ratios are listed from 5.0x-12.5x. I am using an AMD Athlon XP 1700 CPU. Thanks
    : :
    : : Poorman
    :
    :

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

___ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about || PHP C Delphi Swift R Scratch Python Ruby PL/SQL JavaScript Visual Basic .NET Java Assembly Go C++ Visual Basic C# MATLAB Perl Objective-C ABAP Lisp COBOL D Clojure Awk Lua Hack Scheme Prolog Apex Julia Ada Dart ML FoxPro SAS Transact-SQL LabVIEW Rust VBScript Kotlin Scala Alice Fortran Erlang Bash F# Logo Crystal || ________