Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can't install printer on Linux Mandrake, WHY?

BASIC FriendBASIC Friend Member Posts: 354
I have been trying and trying to install our HP Deskjet on Linux Mandrake. I've had linux for a few months and like it, but if I can't install a printer then I'll have to give up on linux. When I run the setup it there is a list of backends to choose from, but I can't click on any of them except the "class of printers" option. When I do it gives me a box with no options, when I click next it tells me I have to choose a class. THERE ARE NONE!

Then I was searching for a driver and found one, but it would not compile.

I'm afraid it's back to Microlimber for me, unless I can get a printer to work.

Comments

• jeffpostjeffpost Member Posts: 316
    : I have been trying and trying to install our HP Deskjet on Linux Mandrake. I've had linux for a few months and like it, but if I can't install a printer then I'll have to give up on linux.
    :
    :
    Don't give up on Linux, give up on Mandrake. I had no end of problems with Mandrake. I'm now using Red Hat 7.2 and happy as a clam with it. For printer setup, check out CUPS (Common Unix Printing System).

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

____ || http://forcoder.org || free video tutorials and ebooks about [ Go, PHP, C, Swift, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, Scratch, PL/SQL, Delphi, MATLAB, Assembly, Objective-C, Java, Visual Basic, R, JavaScript, Python Ada, Prolog, VBScript, SAS, Dart, Hack, Lua, Bash, Apex, Rust, Fortran, Scala, Logo, FoxPro, Clojure, Erlang, ABAP, COBOL, Crystal, Lisp, D, Julia, ML, Awk, Alice, Kotlin, LabVIEW, F#, Transact-SQL, Scheme ] ___________