Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Oracle rookie, please help me!!!

choco_guschoco_gus Member Posts: 9
Hi everybody!

Im a programmer who has experience using sql-server, where I work they are trying to migrate our databases to Oracle, we already have an
HP-9000 with UNIX as operative system, Oracle applicaction is already installed and we have some Oracle databases we are making tests with, what I need is to know the way to connect to the HP-9000 from my windows pc, what software do I need to access Oracle databases like I did with the sql enterprise manager... we have a software named reflections (or something like that) but it really sucks! Is there any other software???

If somebody can help me I would appreciate it a lot.

Comments

• ligangligang Member Posts: 76
    Oracle Client installation is required on your windows PC . it will install SQL*Net or something like it . ANd you can create alias easily and connect to your unix oracle

: Hi everybody!
    :
    : Im a programmer who has experience using sql-server, where I work they are trying to migrate our databases to Oracle, we already have an
    : HP-9000 with UNIX as operative system, Oracle applicaction is already installed and we have some Oracle databases we are making tests with, what I need is to know the way to connect to the HP-9000 from my windows pc, what software do I need to access Oracle databases like I did with the sql enterprise manager... we have a software named reflections (or something like that) but it really sucks! Is there any other software???
    :
    : If somebody can help me I would appreciate it a lot.
    :