please help me!!!!!!!

if someone can give me advice on this i would be very happy.
I want ot write a program thatincrements the date.When the user clicks on the button (whose caption should be "Increment Date" , the program must increment the date.For example ,if the date in the Edit component is 20/11/2011 it should be changed to21/11/2011.If the date 30/11/2001 it should be changed to01/01/2012.the program should also take the leap years into account.So if the date is 28/02/2012,it should be changed 29/02/2012,and this should be changed to 01/03/2012 if the button is clicked again.
I hope this makes sense!!!.
Please help if someone can.
Thanx
O before I forget i want to test whether a year is a leap year by using the following function

function LeapYear (YearNum : Integer) : Boolean;
begin
LeapYear := False;
if ((YearNum MOD 4 = 0) and (YearNum MOD 100 <> 0)) or
(YearNum MOD 400 = 0) then
LeapYear := True;
end;

Thanx again
J.

Comments

• : if someone can give me advice on this i would be very happy.
    : I want ot write a program thatincrements the date.When the user clicks on the button (whose caption should be "Increment Date" , the program must increment the date.For example ,if the date in the Edit component is 20/11/2011 it should be changed to21/11/2011.If the date 30/11/2001 it should be changed to01/01/2012.the program should also take the leap years into account.So if the date is 28/02/2012,it should be changed 29/02/2012,and this should be changed to 01/03/2012 if the button is clicked again.
    : I hope this makes sense!!!.
    : Please help if someone can.
    : Thanx
    : O before I forget i want to test whether a year is a leap year by using the following function
    :
    : function LeapYear (YearNum : Integer) : Boolean;
    : begin
    : LeapYear := False;
    : if ((YearNum MOD 4 = 0) and (YearNum MOD 100 <> 0)) or
    : (YearNum MOD 400 = 0) then
    : LeapYear := True;
    : end;
    :
    : Thanx again
    : J.
    :
    :
    I suggest that you use StrToDate() to change the date into a TDateTime variable. Then you can simply add 1 to that variable and change it back to a string using DateToStr(). See the online help for more information.