Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Where to start learning...again.

indigo0086indigo0086 Posts: 2Member
[b][red]This message was edited by the indigo0086 at 2002-6-18 10:11:34[/red][/b][hr]
[b][red]This message was edited by the indigo0086 at 2002-6-18 10:2:44[/red][/b][hr]
A year or so back I bought a couple books on programming in C and I had a really hard time grasping the concepts because I just didn't understand the way the books explained it. For a year now I have't really studied anything on programming. I want to start learning C++ this summer but needed some help on what the best book for a person in my situation would be. I was thinking about C++ in 21 days because a friend of mine got it and he learned a lot from it. I was also thinking about shelling over $75.00 for "C++ How to Program" by Paul and Harvey Deitel because I have heard that it was a great resource. But I am stuck. I am going to Miami-Dade Community College to get an associates in Computer programming before I head of to a university. I wanted to get a head start so I won't be bored over the summer. What do you experts out there reccomend.

BTW, the book I am talking about can be seen at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/textbooks/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=2B8GVAJH6R&isbn=0130895717

Comments

• tsagldtsagld Posts: 621Member
    Try this link:
    http://devcentral.iftech.com/learning/tutorials/c-cpp/c/

Greets,
    Eric Goldstein
    www.gvh-maatwerk.nl

: [b][red]This message was edited by the indigo0086 at 2002-6-18 10:11:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by the indigo0086 at 2002-6-18 10:2:44[/red][/b][hr]
    : A year or so back I bought a couple books on programming in C and I had a really hard time grasping the concepts because I just didn't understand the way the books explained it. For a year now I have't really studied anything on programming. I want to start learning C++ this summer but needed some help on what the best book for a person in my situation would be. I was thinking about C++ in 21 days because a friend of mine got it and he learned a lot from it. I was also thinking about shelling over $75.00 for "C++ How to Program" by Paul and Harvey Deitel because I have heard that it was a great resource. But I am stuck. I am going to Miami-Dade Community College to get an associates in Computer programming before I head of to a university. I wanted to get a head start so I won't be bored over the summer. What do you experts out there reccomend.
    :
    : BTW, the book I am talking about can be seen at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/textbooks/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=2B8GVAJH6R&isbn=0130895717
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :