Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

ASIO 2.0 Interface problem

TomyTomy Member Posts: 35
[b][red]This message was edited by the Tomy at 2002-6-21 12:49:11[/red][/b][hr]
I'm using the free Borland C++ Builder for my apps and there's the following problem:

After downloading the ASIO 2.0 SDK from www.steinberg.de I tried to run their example. Since it's ment for VC it did not work at all. So I tried to use their SDK to write my own app: a big mess.
Many problems, so I tried to re-write the host-part of the SDK
Enumerating the avaiable drivers: no problem, creating the IAsio Interface: no problem, but there is the weird error occuring: I can only acces 1 function: the next function gives a prorgam crash (win2000 closing the app due to an internal error).

So one thing I could do:

IASIO *lpAsio;

CoCreateInstance(...)

lpAsio->Init(hWnd);
lpAsio->Release();

Then next code works with some drivers, and only if I cancel the controlPanel modifications, otherwise hangs @ lpAsio->Release():

lpAsio->Init(hWnd);
lpAsio->controlPanel();
lpAsio->Release();

The following code hangs @ lpAsio->Release()

lpAsio->Init(hWnd);
lpAsio->getChannels(&In, &Out);
lpAsio->Release();

Allocating some buffers and starting in/out is really a big mess
Is anyone having a clue?

Thanx

Comments

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

________ ( http://forcoder.org ) free video tutorials and ebooks about || Visual Basic .NET C# C++ Python Delphi Go PHP Swift MATLAB Ruby Scratch JavaScript Java PL/SQL C Objective-C Visual Basic Perl R Assembly D Crystal Apex Dart Hack ML Scala Bash Transact-SQL Kotlin Awk Julia Clojure Ada Prolog ABAP SAS Fortran Lisp F# Alice Rust LabVIEW COBOL FoxPro Lua Logo VBScript Erlang Scheme || ________