Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can anyone help me...

CJBCanadaCJBCanada Posts: 1Member
I'm looking to integrate SQL though Webpages... as in

on the webpage they will be prompted to input a date and that date will go into the sql select and put that query for them

select * from Table where DateStamp = "userinput"

can someone direct me in the right way or if you could provide me an example
Thanks

Comments

• bgibbybgibby Posts: 251Member
    : I'm looking to integrate SQL though Webpages... as in
    :
    : on the webpage they will be prompted to input a date and that date will go into the sql select and put that query for them
    :
    : select * from Table where DateStamp = "userinput"
    :
    : can someone direct me in the right way or if you could provide me an example
    : Thanks
    :

It totally depends upon "what" is going to execute the SQL.

If you're using "bound" controls in IE then you're going to have to use a variable and the DOM to get access to what the user has typed in.

But, if you're using Perl or ASP for example, then it's just a matter of accessing the Query_String Environment Variable and extracting the data from there.

Either way it's simply a matter of variable substitution.

How are you processing the SQL?