Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Barcodes Help

spike2907spike2907 Member Posts: 34
I need to know if it is possible to capture a barcode in the form of a picture?
My work project requires a product ref barcode to be printed onto an excel spreadsheet. (im using VBA to automate it) I have the facility to print barcodes (using Barone software and Zebra Printers) but at the moment I can only the print barcodes onto labels, so we are having to manually stick them onto the printed spreadsheet. So far I've had no luck with the barcode software manufacturer. Can anyone else help??

thanks
Tracey

[purple][italic]Tracey:-)[/italic][/purple]

Comments

• brisraybrisray Member Posts: 60
    I'm not familiar with Barone software, but I've extensively programmed barcodes using PReS from Printsoft (http://www.printsoft.com.au/products/barcodetoolkit.htm)

I should imagine that capturing barcodes as pictures may be very time consuming, especially if you use several types.

If you use one that doesn't have check sums you may be able to get away with simply scanning the pattern for each digit and using programming print the images next to eachother. If they use check sums you may also be able to sort it out through programming.

As you probably know, each type of barcode can be customized extensively (length of stroke, width of stroke, ratio of stroke etc.) If you are lucky you may be able to use one of the barcode fonts that are available. Try using dogpile at dogpile.com and use "barcode font" as a search string.

There are a few free ones available, but most are commercial packages.

Ray
  • spike2907spike2907 Member Posts: 34
    I have found "Barcode Magic" software (by doing a search on the programmers heaven website). You can download a 14 day free trial then its $25 for the licence. This software is ideal as it lets you save the barcode as a bitmap and i can then use excel VBA to bring it into the spreadsheet. I now just need to find a UK source
    thanks
    Tracey

: I'm not familiar with Barone software, but I've extensively programmed barcodes using PReS from Printsoft (http://www.printsoft.com.au/products/barcodetoolkit.htm)
    :
    : I should imagine that capturing barcodes as pictures may be very time consuming, especially if you use several types.
    :
    : If you use one that doesn't have check sums you may be able to get away with simply scanning the pattern for each digit and using programming print the images next to eachother. If they use check sums you may also be able to sort it out through programming.
    :
    : As you probably know, each type of barcode can be customized extensively (length of stroke, width of stroke, ratio of stroke etc.) If you are lucky you may be able to use one of the barcode fonts that are available. Try using dogpile at dogpile.com and use "barcode font" as a search string.
    :
    : There are a few free ones available, but most are commercial packages.
    :
    : Ray
    :

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

___ / http://forcoder.org / free video tutorials and ebooks about // Swift MATLAB C C# PL/SQL JavaScript Ruby Assembly Objective-C C++ Python Perl Scratch R Visual Basic .NET Visual Basic PHP Go Delphi Java F# Rust Bash Lua Julia Scheme LabVIEW Lisp Apex Clojure Fortran ABAP Logo Ada FoxPro Crystal Erlang Awk SAS COBOL Kotlin Alice Scala Transact-SQL VBScript Hack Dart Prolog D ML // _____