Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

free wheeling diode

hello,
could any body tell me what is the purpose and design criteria of selecting free wheeling diode used in circuit for switching inductive diode.
I also would like to have a detailed analyzed answer(mathematical]
for the same.

Comments

• iluvtvcailuvtvca Member Posts: 1
    : hello,
    : could any body tell me what is the purpose and design criteria of selecting free wheeling diode used in circuit for switching inductive diode.
    : I also would like to have a detailed analyzed answer(mathematical]
    : for the same.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    not an expert by any means, but when an inductor discharges there is a large voltage that is induced, calculated by e=L(di/dt) so the amount of voltage that will be induced is the inductor (L) times the amount of current that is flowing through the inductor over the rate of change. i.e a 250mH inductor with 2 amps flowing through it that is turned off in 2ms will produce 250V.

hope that helps

• Noddy_SANoddy_SA Member Posts: 6
    I suggest you look into the use of diodes and capitors used in voltage triplers for monitors and TV
    All the best
    NG

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

____ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about || Go R Visual Basic .NET JavaScript Ruby C# MATLAB Assembly PHP Scratch Python Perl Java Objective-C PL/SQL C Delphi Visual Basic C++ Swift Crystal ABAP Rust Bash SAS Scheme Logo D VBScript Apex COBOL Lisp Kotlin Transact-SQL Fortran ML Julia Dart Hack FoxPro Clojure Ada Scala Prolog Lua Alice Awk LabVIEW F# Erlang || _______