Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Wolf/Doom help

dartsmandartsman Member Posts: 88
Does anyone know how to do a Wolf/Doom game. Like how the ray tracing works and how to move around and stuff. I know that it is all in 2D and I want to learn how to make a Wolf/Doom clone. Also if you have the code for it (in C without Asm), could you give me the code. I will post my email up later.

Thanks in Advance

Dartsman

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : Does anyone know how to do a Wolf/Doom game. Like how the ray tracing works and how to move around and stuff. I know that it is all in 2D and I want to learn how to make a Wolf/Doom clone. Also if you have the code for it (in C without Asm), could you give me the code. I will post my email up later.
    :
    : Thanks in Advance
    :
    : Dartsman
    :

I have the sources for WOlf3D and it's add-on SoD, Doom (all), Heretic, and Hexen. Also have the Quake I/II sources. I can email any if you want. Also, know where I can find the Strife sources?

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• dartsmandartsman Member Posts: 88
    Do you know how to raycast? I need help in that more than the code.

Thanks

Dartsman
  • SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : Do you know how to raycast? I need help in that more than the code.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : Dartsman
    :

Never understood raycasting, though it is what I tried first. Then I spent like thirty minutes on OpenGL and had fully rendered, fully lit, fully shaded models on-screen and off screen. Never thought about it again, although I am working on a new game engine (in my spare time) that will read a Doom, Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, whatever map, split the flat walls and floors into triangles, and render them in OpenGL. This would be a game engine that, in the long run, would run all of the original kick-arse games in high-resolution OpenGL with dynamic lighting.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• etlusketlusk Member Posts: 168
    : : Do you know how to raycast? I need help in that more than the code.
    : :
    : : Thanks
    : : Dartsman
    :
    : Never understood raycasting, though it is what I tried first. Then I spent like thirty minutes on OpenGL and had fully rendered, fully lit, fully shaded models on-screen and off screen. Never thought about it again, although I am working on a new game engine (in my spare time) that will read a Doom, Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, whatever map, split the flat walls and floors into triangles, and render them in OpenGL. This would be a game engine that, in the long run, would run all of the original kick-arse games in high-resolution OpenGL with dynamic lighting.
    :
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]
    :
    :
    dartsman
    Get the OPENGL API and look at the examples. There is one or two that show the makings of a DOOM style game and some good examples of RAYCASTING (real world lighting effects).
    goto OPENGL.ORG also get GLUT while you're at it.

• blipblip Member Posts: 756
    Sephiroth: Could you e-mail me those game sources? Sorry, I don't have Strife's source.
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_______ || http://forcoder.org || free ebooks and video tutorials about { Ruby, Python, PL/SQL, JavaScript, Delphi, PHP, R, Swift, Go, MATLAB, C, Visual Basic, C++, Java, Scratch, C#, Perl, Objective-C, Visual Basic .NET, Assembly Ada, Kotlin, VBScript, Logo, Prolog, Hack, Julia, Alice, Fortran, Transact-SQL, Apex, Awk, Rust, LabVIEW, SAS, FoxPro, Scala, Erlang, F#, Crystal, D, Scheme, Dart, ML, Bash, Clojure, COBOL, Lisp, Lua, ABAP } _