Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

HELP! ----> Putting Oracle on the Web

aznwildkataznwildkat Member Posts: 139
I have have an Ms Access Database.

1. First, how do you migrate Ms Access DB to Oracle?
2. Other then Oracla 9i Enteprise Edition, what tools and programs will I need to develop a Oracle-Web based program?
3. What Languages will I need to start learning? I'm assuming one of them will have to be Java.

I only have 2-3 months to accomplish this task and any advice or comments is GREATLY appreicated.

Comments

• ahollowayaholloway Member Posts: 7
    if your webserver is running iis (windows) then use active server pages and vbscript. you will need to learn ado as well as the oledb connection string to connect to your database.

as far as importing your data you may want to export your access data to a text file and import it into oracle after setting up the schema in oracle.

If you have the resources, i would recomemnd using asp.net. its far more superior to asp 3.0. Do some reaserch on the framework and asp.net.

A quick and dirty solution would be the plain old asp scripts.

Good luck!
  • aznwildkataznwildkat Member Posts: 139
    [b][red]This message was edited by the aznwildkat at 2002-6-28 14:52:20[/red][/b][hr]
    : If you have the resources, i would recomemnd using asp.net. its far more superior to asp 3.0. Do some reaserch on the framework and asp.net.
    :
    : A quick and dirty solution would be the plain old asp scripts.
    :
    : Good luck!
    :

I installed oracle 9i Developer Suite on my Windows 2000 which already has oracle9i database. When I instaleld the Developer Suite it creates another "orcale home" and it creates another "Net Assistent" program. Why does it do that? Shouldn't their only be on "Net Assistent" program?

When I try to run my form its gives me this error:
    "The HTTP Listener is not running on Michael-143 at port 8888. Please start listener"

I created a listener to listen on the port:8888 but that doesn't work. Anyone have an idea what I have to do? Any help or comments are greatly appreciated.

• ahollowayaholloway Member Posts: 7
    : [b][red]This message was edited by the aznwildkat at 2002-6-28 14:52:20[/red][/b][hr]
    : : If you have the resources, i would recomemnd using asp.net. its far more superior to asp 3.0. Do some reaserch on the framework and asp.net.
    : :
    : : A quick and dirty solution would be the plain old asp scripts.
    : : Good luck!
    :
    : I installed oracle 9i Developer Suite on my Windows 2000 which already has oracle9i database. When I instaleld the Developer Suite it creates another "orcale home" and it creates another "Net Assistent" program. Why does it do that? Shouldn't their only be on "Net Assistent" program?
    :
    : When I try to run my form its gives me this error:
    : "The HTTP Listener is not running on Michael-143 at port 8888. Please start listener"
    :
    : I created a listener to listen on the port:8888 but that doesn't work. Anyone have an idea what I have to do? Any help or comments are greatly appreciated.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Your developer Suite will always be installed in a seperate oracle home (check documentation for detailed explanation). As far as the listener, go to contol panel/administrative tools/services and start the oracle listener and other relevant servies (i dont know which ones at the moment because i dont have access to my database server but i usally start 3 of them and the listener is one of them). Set them to start when windows starts if you want.