Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Update query help

dbdoshidbdoshi Posts: 1Member
I have 2 tables T1 and T2.

T1(provider_ssn,clinic,date,start_time,end_time,activity)
T2(provider_ssn,clinic,date,start_time,end_time,activity,sponsor_ssn,is_special_time,link)

What is happening now is, when I insert a row in T1, I insert a row in T2 with all the exact parameters
as T1 and the last 3 as sponsor_ssn = 000000000 and is_special_time = 1 and link = 1

Now, I want to add a new column to T1 called "ak" which is varchar(50) and a new column to T2 called
"webid" which is also varchar(50). Basically I want to have some sort of primary key foreign key relationship
from T1 --> T2.

Now, I have already added the "ak" column to T1 with some unique values. I want to add the same values
to
corresponding rows in T2 in column "webid".

What will be the best way to do this? I understand that there will be some sort of update query,but
I can't seem to figure that out.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• nwdurcholznwdurcholz Posts: 3Member
    What you are missing is some other way to pair the records that you want to make the relationship for. You need a test that will return true only when a record from T1 matches a record from T2; then just put this test in the WHERE clause of the update query. It would probably look something like the following:

UPDATE T1, T2 SET T2.webid = T1.az
    WHERE T1.provider_ssn=T2.provider_ssn;
    thanks,
    Nick