Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Runtime Error 713

Birder_MikeBirder_Mike Posts: 1Member
Hi... I sent a CD to a friend of mine with an application on it that I created with the VB 6.0 Package and Deployment Wizard. It is a relatively simple application that uses DAO to access a DB with less than a thousand records. After my friend ran the setup program and tried to excute the program, he got the following error message... "Runtime Error 713 Class Not Registered looking for object with CLSID - followed by numbers and letters."

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with the CD or setup file, etc?

I believe it was on a Win/98 machine.

Thanks in advance... Mike

Comments

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Posts: 3,948Member
    : Hi... I sent a CD to a friend of mine with an application on it that I created with the VB 6.0 Package and Deployment Wizard. It is a relatively simple application that uses DAO to access a DB with less than a thousand records. After my friend ran the setup program and tried to excute the program, he got the following error message... "Runtime Error 713 Class Not Registered looking for object with CLSID - followed by numbers and letters."
    :
    : Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with the CD or setup file, etc?
    :
    : I believe it was on a Win/98 machine.
    :
    : Thanks in advance... Mike
    :
    :

It would help to get the numbers and letters (Control Panel namespace CLSID looks like: {21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}, for example) since someone may have the same component without actually knowing what the problem is.

Anyway, I don't use DB access so I couldn't tell you with or without the number. If no one else gives you a better idea, try this: Run mdac_typ.exe on the system (usually required by faulty setup and not cause runtime error?). I doubt it will help, but maybe...